Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55771 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »
I dunno why everybody likes Stanley and Tatanga so much. Tatanga is confined to a spaceship in the only two appearances he's had. We don't even know what the lower half of his body looks like.

Stanley on the other hand originated from the one Donkey Kong sequel nobody actually liked (except for me, but it's certainly not because of Stanley) and doesn't have a lot going for him other than looking like a mustache-less Mario with a can of bug spray.

Mouser I'd actually like to see come back. He's got a pretty neat look and would probably have an awesome voice. Plus (I'm assuming) he was the basis for the Lil' Mousers/Squeeks that you see all over games like Paper Mario.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:24:29 AM by The Chef »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »
If they gave Tatanga some character (preferably as a crazy, wacky alien supremacist) he could fit right in, especially in Mario Kart--you said it yourself, all he does is drive a spaceship.

He looks like he has the makings of a small character, as well--which would make for some variety. The baddest character who has ever been in the light weight class was Bowser Jr., and only in Double Dash!!--where he's traditionally paired with heavyweight Bowser. Then they bumped him up to the middleweights. Besides him there's the not-automatically-evil Dry Bones, and all other bad guys are either heavy or Waluigi. Lights tend to be babies or Toad, since Yoshi and Peach gained some fats. In spite of my disdain for bringing back old unknown characters for the sake of bringing them back, I think Tatanga would be welcome.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »
Nintendo recently announced the official title of the game:

Mario Kart 7

Interesting name, considering no other Mario Kart game has been named this way, not even the first one, Super Mario Kart.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »
It's like Windows 7. Including the part where it isn't actually the seventh Mario Kart game.

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
1. SMK
2. MK64
3. MKSC
4. MKDD
5. MKDS
6. MKW
7. MK7

It is the seventh, unless you count the arcade titles (which would be silly because most gamers don't even know of their existence).
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
I do count the arcade titles. Most Windows users don't know things like Windows CE exist; should we pretend they don't because of that?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
No. That would be immoral.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
Had the arcade titles been counted, nine out of every ten people buying the game would wonder what the other two MK games were. Besides, maybe they're only counting home releases.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
What about the Mario Party series? If Nintendo counted Mario Party Advance, Mario Party-e, Mario Party DS, Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party, Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party 2, and Mario Party Fushigi no Korokoro Catcher, we'd be at 15, not 9.

I never really thought about it before, but Mario Party-e seems kinda awkward to pronounce.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »
On the flipside of things... there was a Street Fighter 1!?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »
The only time I even saw the arcade game(s) IRL was at Disney Land several years ago. The steering wheel wouldn't work, or something, and I was holding an item that looked like a hubcab or pie pan or something. Also, yeah, the Namco crossover was kind of odd, but it certainly makes that "Nintendo Kart" idea a few people have expressed interest in seem more reasonable.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »
Oh, that item was a washtub. Common Japanese gag item. All it does is bonk the targeted foe on the head, according to the description given for it all across the web.

There really is a lack of solid information on Mario Kart Arcade GP, isn't there?

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
There's a Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 machine at the arcade in my local shopping centre. I've had a couple of goes on it, it's pretty fun, and feels very much like a Mario Kart game (albeit with a large amount of weird items).

Which reminds me, I should try and add more info for #2 on the Mariopedia. It even states that #2 was only released in Japan, so unless I've been walking to Japan all of this time, is a bit off. :P
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
I bet that machine says something along the lines of "not for use outside of Japan" on startup.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »
Both games were released here, they just had the magnetic card readers removed, thus preventing anybody from saving their game.

Print