Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145179 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #435 on: October 22, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #436 on: October 22, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »
Are those Ridley's censored genitals beneath him?

Anyway,
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #437 on: October 23, 2014, 05:33:33 PM »
That might be the most hype direct I've ever seen. Like, ever.

Five players
NO, SIX PLAYERS
NO, EIGHT PLAYERS!
Relics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #438 on: October 23, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
You know....maybe there's justice after all.

Poor Ridley fans, though. It looks an awful lot like he was going to be playable and then...wasn't. For some reason.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:32 PM »
They did incorporate him in a pretty cool way, though. And they didn't deconfirm him in as dick a way as they could have -- imagine if Ridley with "2P" above his head had been a POTD, or if we'd seen a blurry screenshot somewhere of a results screen with a Ridley KO.

Still, if they weren't going to make Ridley playable, Dark Samus should've gotten in. Metroid deserves another rep, and she's got about half a moveset already as an AT. Although I'm thinking now that maybe they think that Zero Suit Samus and Sheik kinda count as new characters (it's the closest I can come up with to an explanation for the trophy quizzes).

I hope Mewtwo isn't the only DLC character (and i'm a little surprised they didn't announce the stage DLC, considering that's been basically confirmed by rom dumpers). I mean, obviously a Smash fighter is going to take a lot more development time than Cat Peach, but still.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:37 PM »
I want to believe Mewtwo gives Dixie or K. Rool a shot (and Wolf and Lucas while we're at it), but I'm afraid to get back on the hype train.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »
Isaac probably has a decent chance. His Assist Trophy was cut in the 3DS version, and it wouldn't make any sense for him to be in the Wii U version and not the 3DS version, because all of his games were handheld. And there was a Golden Sun game that came out between Brawl and today (which I still need to go back and play), so he's still relevant.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2014, 10:48:34 AM »
it wouldn't make any sense for him to be in the Wii U version and not the 3DS version, because all of his games were handheld
Keep in mind, though, that this is the same company that is putting a bunch of their handheld titles only on their home console eShop.  I'm not really expecting 'em to make logical sense.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

« Reply #443 on: October 24, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »
A home console whose controller is a handheld console.

That reminds me, the Super Famicom-colored buttons on the New 3DS better mean it's getting SNES VC.

« Reply #444 on: October 24, 2014, 09:09:27 PM »
I'm most excited for the stage creator. Freehand platform creation makes for near-boundless possibilities.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2014, 08:52:52 AM »
I was really hoping they'd have thought to let you use the Omega Mode skyboxes for custom stages. I would probably take Omega Mode over a large number of generic nowhere stages with different platform arrangements if given the choice... but I'd take Brawl's block-based stage builder with Omega Mode's backgrounds over either.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »
So, it's more or less confirmed that Princess Peach's father is a Smurf.

« Reply #447 on: October 26, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »
I was really hoping they'd have thought to let you use the Omega Mode skyboxes for custom stages.
That would be so, so awesome.
Relics.

« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:46 AM »
OK--so I've got a pal with a Wii U who's literally counting down the days to this game, and he's told me bits and pieces of what's going to be in it, who's going to be a character, and how many players can play.

I just have one sort of statement to make--is there such a thing as too many characters?

I have the original N64 game, which has 12 different guys in it (well, 11 guys and a girl). That seemed like a decent amount (although I would have rather had Peach than Jiggly Puff and maybe Zelda or Bowser in place of Ness). There seemed to be too many in the Game Cube Melee version, but I did appreciate the wider variety (even though I was like "who are these Marth and Roy guys?" until looking them up on some game site 13 years back...it may have even been this one). With Brawl on the Wii, it's like you took every Disney character from every movie they made in their first 30 years and stuck them all together--there's too many for their own good.

I'm not against variety, but isn't it getting to be a bit too much? Especially when we have a lot of redundancy--Mario and Dr. Mario, three different Links, etc.

What will we have next--red-haired Peach from the original SMB 1, with the red hair somehow giving her a different set of abilities?

I personally think we should cap the character count at 16 (and 12 for Mario Kart, which I'd prefer less in only because you can't race 16 at once--or maybe you can in the new one; I've only played the Wii U version once).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2014, 05:36:31 AM »
Someone doesn't know how fighting games tend to work.

Also, nobody in the US knew who Marth and Roy were. Kinda hard to know who someone is when they come from a series of games that haven't yet been released on your side of the world.

Print