Print

Author Topic: Mario Timeline  (Read 26844 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »
Also, aside from Sticker Star, I have not played any Mario games released beyond Super Mario Galaxy 2. So I'm missing any information from games after that.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:24 PM »
But in MLPIT, he doesn't seem aware. Then again, he may not even realize he's in the past. (Sorry, I don't have a quote/source.) Which begs the question, given Baby Bowser's strong resemblance to Bowser Jr. (in MLPIT, anyway), why doesn't Bowser mistake his younger self for his son?
Yeah, that always bothered me. I'm inclined to think that Baby Bowser's character design in PiT was just a mistake or something, and that Baby Bowser didn't actually look exactly like Bowser Jr. Otherwise, we'd pretty much have to presume that the present events of PiT took place before Bowser Jr. was born, and unless there was some kind of magic or accelerated growth or something (or Koopas have very different rates of aging than humans), that would pretty much necessitate a gap of about a decade in between LM and SMS, which doesn't seem to be the case (although the fact that the "King Boo" in SMS is not at all the same one as in LM certainly helps things).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
SMS' King Boo is named ボステレサ (Boss Teresa). He's actually one of the Big Boos that appeared in Super Mario 64. The other one is named おやかたテレサ (Master Teresa) and went on to appear in Mario Party 2 and Mario Party 4.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
It seems the time machine remained in the past at the end of MLPIT, but present-day Bowser could have found it, like how in Back to the Future III, in 1955 Marty and Doc find the time machine that was left from 1885.
You know what? Scratch that idea. I imagine the time machine came back to the present, considering Toadbert and Toadiko were last left in the past, and Toadbert returns in MLBIS. I guess it's possible MLBIS occurs before MLPIT, but that seems highly unlikely considering Fawful's speech in MLPIT. Kind of funny, yet unnerving that Toadbert and Toadiko were stranded in the past, though.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »
Mario & Luigi: Plotholes in Thisgame
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »
Oh yes, there are tons of plotholes in MLPIT. Not to mention some contradictions/inconsistencies with other games (i.e. E. Gadd's back-story).

Anyway, I gots some more stuffs added:

MLPIT (Past) alludes to LM:
~After Young Gadd's lab on Thwomp Volcano is destroyed, he says, "I hear there's an affordable lab at the edge of the Boo Woods. I think I'll relocate there for a time. I have a hankering to do some paranormal research."

SM64DS foreshadows LM?:
~If Luigi defeats him, King Boo says, "I just love the look of terror on your face! In fact, I live for it! Eee hee hee! See you soon!"

PM references SMB:
~Goombario's Tattle of Goombas: "These guys are old school. They've been around since you were in Super Mario Bros.!"

Other information [Paper Mario]:
~Goombario's Tattle of Koopa Troopas: "Is it only my imagination or did Koopa Troopas used to walk around on four legs? I guess that was a really long time ago, huh?"
Koopa Troopas walked on all fours in SMB, SMB2J/LL, SMB3, SML2, and Mario Clash. They began walking upright in SMW, and have, for the most part, been that way ever since. SMG is an interesting exception, and so far is the only game released after PM to have quadruped Koopa Troopas. Troopeas in MLSS and Electro-Koopas from SMS walk on all fours, but they seem to be either different or sub-species. Interestingly, Koopas walk upright in prequel games like YI and MLPIT (Past).

~Goombario's Tattle of Lakitus: "It seems like these Lakitus have been hassling you for your entire career, Mario." By release date, Lakitus first appeared in SMB.

~In one of the rooms in Dry Dry Ruins, Goombario says, "Now that I've helped you find Dry Dry Ruins, will I become famous, too? You don't care. You're already a household name." Mario is apparently already famous. Although this may or may not be breaking/leaning on the fourth wall.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:12:10 PM by Sapphira »

Mr. Nomad

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
This is awesome!  Finally, the Mario universe deserves a little continuity.  I've noticed in M&L 3 that Starlow seems to completely ignore that the adult Bros. helped their baby selves beat the Shroobs in the past.  It appears they were trying to make it so you could play M&L 2 and 3 in either order, but then again, you remember Fawful's suicide bomb.  That pretty much sets the continuity trend.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
I wouldn't say it "deserves" it seeing how it's not a story-driven franchise....also Sapph already pointed out the baby thing.

Mr. Nomad

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »
Perhaps I should pay more attention to what I'm reading.

Print