Print

Author Topic: E3 2011 Predictions / Wishlists  (Read 16261 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »
Let's all get our hopes up!

I'm expecting Pikmin 3 and maybe F-Zero as Cafe launch titles (big enough to satisfy hardcore Nintendo fans, but still not Mario or Zelda enough to overshadow third parties, and both would be great graphical showcases for a brand new 1080p system), and a Four Swords game at some point, announced as part of the Zelda 25th anniversary segment of the conference. And they'll probably have a Smash 4 teaser, though I think there's at least a 50% chance it won't be by Sakurai.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:56:50 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:04:17 PM »
New Metroid, pl0x?

On the non-Nintendo end of things, I'd like to see a new Sly Cooper title.

I'd really love to see Crash and Spyro reboots done right, but that's baseless wishful thinking.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
EPISODE

THREEEEEEE
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »
Gaben is so fat, he ate Episode 3's production team.

No 3 for you, BP.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
I was going to mention Ep 3, but I thought I heard that Valve was pretty much not going to be at the show.

I'd like something big for the 3DS, because while I have no plans to get it in the forseeable future, eventually I will and I want it to have a solid lineup. Though not necessarily Mario or Zelda.

I hope that there will be some good looking tech demos for Café, because outside the touch screen controller, I'm not sure where Nintendo is going with this.

I want DICE to give some more info on Mirrors Edge while touting Battlefield 3.

I'm curious what and if Rare, Raven, and Uber hope to show off.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »
I'm hoping Paper Mario 3DS won't get pushed back to God-knows-when.

Four Swords game

Multiplayer exclusives?

NOPE.avi
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »
Valve already said they're not going to be showing anything at E3 this year, yeah.

I'm hoping for announcements of new games I'm interested in and localizations of foreign games I've been wanting to play. Not really much specific stuff, though I'd absolutely love for Nintendo to announce they're bringing over The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
Space Channel 5 Part 3 for Kinect, directed by Mizuguchi

4-player Cafe games (Pac-Man Vs. WILL appear at E3, mark my words)

Bully 2

Left 4 Dead 3, to **** off the Ep 3 zombies. Trailer starts with the Valve logo, then a giant 3 appears onscreen, camera zooms back to reveal full logo of L4D3.

New console announcements from Microsoft and Sony to replace their wheezing old-ass systems, but it won't happen this year :(

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
Left 4 Dead 3, to **** off the Ep 3 zombies. Trailer starts with the Valve logo, then a giant 3 appears onscreen, camera zooms back to reveal full logo of L4D3.
This is so awesome, I really really hope they do this if L4D3 comes out before Episode 3.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
For the Cafe:
--Graphics, storage space, and online capabilities that are at least equal to that of two systems that came out in the mid-2000s.
--A real name that doesn't suck.
--Don't really care if it launches with a Mario game, assuming Mario 3DS is any good. Actually, wait, I don't plan on getting a 3DS, so hit me with Super Mario Universe (no SMG rehashing anymore)
--Twilight Princess was awesome, but please just leave Skyward Sword on the Wii and come up with a new Zelda for this one later.
--I don't really care about F-Zero, or even really Star Fox. Pikmin 3... At this point, I just want them to do it to follow up on their word. As long as they don't secretly recycle areas from the first game again and make it into a rougelike without telling anyone again, I'm good.
--Some new Nintendo RPG might be nice.
--Get that other Chibi-Robo game out here, already! And crap or get off the pot with that 3D Kirby.

That's all I can think of for now.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 03:04:00 AM »
The truly observant wouldn't be tricked by LD's proposed trailer - if EP3 does eventually get released with that name, they'll follow the existing naming convention and write out "Three."

Pikmin 3
rougelike
There are already red Pikmin, so it's too late for that.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »
Gaben is so fat, he ate Episode 3's production team.
And BAM, delayed again.

Anyway, I'm thinking F-Zero would be cool, but at the same time I still have X and GX to finish (and it's been a while so I don't really remember but I still may not have finished King cup on the highest difficulty on the first F-Zero), so I probably wouldn't get too excited over it. And Turtle, I'd love to see another Metroid, but considering the reception of the latest Metroid... ehh. I honestly don't expect them to do anything with Metroid for a while, as a combination of Other M's... Other M-ness and the fact that Metroid games seem to be few and far between anyway.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 09:12:51 AM »
Oh, man, remember 2002 and 2004?  When we had two Metroid games for each of those years, with all four of them being awesome?  I mean, I don't remember that, because I hadn't even touched a Metroid game at that point.  It's kind of like that feeling you get when you're reading a really awesome webcomic and you start following it only to notice that regular updates stop not long after you add the page to your bookmarks.  I swear, it's like that with a lot of things I get into.

Anyway, part of the reason I think a new Metroid game is possible is because of how poorly Other M performed - perhaps they want to redeem themselves now instead of letting the wounds fester, so to speak?

...no?  Well, I can still dream.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
Here's an idea: Miyamoto has said for a while that Pikmin would be perfect for HD, but Iwata recently said that Pikmin would also be perfect for 3D. Could we see simultaneous Pikmin games on Cafe and 3DS with Prime/Fusion style connectivity?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
To unlock the Purple Pikmin, connect Pikmin 3DS with a completed save file to the Cafe version..?

Prediction stuffs: Some form of secret Mario that has yet to be revealed/talked about will be revealed/talked about and so will its' possiblities of being a Cafe launch title.

Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Kirby and (some other form of Mario spinoff, like Party) will be shown in video form, ushering many cheers and crowd reactions.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print