Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145156 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2014, 01:29:33 PM »
If Fire Emblem can get 4 reps (not that I dislike Fire Emblem, I'm actually quite happy for all the Fire Emblem fans who wanted more girls and/or spellcasters), surely DK can get at least 3, right?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:42 PM »
I'm still hoping Ms. Pac-Man is an alternate skin.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »
Namco seems less and less keen to acknowledge Ms. Pac-Man these days. They weren't the ones who made it, after all.

« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
Also, I think this deconfirms the Gematsu leak.

What is a Gematsu?

I guess Toad won't be playable in this one either..

* Toad quietly sulks while making Mario and Pit his regular playable characters, like in Brawl
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #259 on: July 15, 2014, 03:01:42 PM »
It was a site where someone leaked a bunch of information about the new characters and saying things like, "Lucas and Wolf are out because clones" among other things. It was scarily accurate until yesterday, when Lucina was revealed instead of Chrom.

Edit: SPOILARS
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:23:42 PM by bobbysq1337 »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #260 on: July 15, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
How is Lucas out on the basis of being a clone if Ness isn't even confirmed for him to be a clone of?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although, he might just be unlockable again, although Falcon probably isn't going to be unlockable

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
You really think Ness isn't gonna come back? Puh-leeeease. :P

« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2014, 01:55:37 AM »
So, what are your thoughs on Robin and Lucina joining the battle? Personally, I find it great that Fire Emblem gets more reps. What about you?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2014, 06:02:34 AM »
I hope Robin has some of their alternate hairstyles. Hair colors will probably be in, at least. I want to make my Robins look like my Robins in the game (different heights probably aren't happening, but both my male and female Robin were normal height anyway).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
At first I thought they were Kingdom Hearts characters.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
Fire Emblem characters look plain compared to Kingdom Hearts characters.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
I've never really played Fire Emblem.

But I have played Smash Bros. and holy crap Lucina is the worst. She's more of a Marth clone than Roy was (she shares one of his idle poses for god's sake) and isn't even visually distinct from him. It only matters if you can tell the difference from far away, but they look alike even up close, as Marth has become more and more androgynous with each Smash Bros...

The funniest thing is that Sakurai's reasoning for not putting Chrom in the game is "He'd just be another swordfighter like Marth and Ike." While I don't disagree that the roster can be oversaturated with a certain character archetype, and the one that is approaching that is swordfighters, this is just an absurd rationale to not include a non-clone when Lucina is as "like Marth" as possible.

Also, uh... The dialogue in the trailer had that anime-style stiffness to it, like I could practically hear the forced voices echoing off the unrehearsed scripts three inches in front of the actors' faces. Nowhere near as natural-sounding as the Kid Icarus characters. Kind of an extreme nitpick. But I mean, Sakurai helmed Uprising and its English voice cast was good. Really good. So, I mean, I guess I can't complain as long as the new voices hired for characters who haven't had them in their own games recently are good. And Ness can pronounce the word "Flash" this time
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
To be fair, Lucina has a very good in-story reason to be similar to Marth.

Not that it isn't stupid, but it would be more justified for her than if Chrom ended up being a clone of him.

As far as voice acting goes, KI:U voice actors do have the advantage of a lot more practice in their roles than the ones for Fire Emblem, considering how much fully-voiced dialogue Pit and Palutena get in their game, compared to a sparse handful of voiced cutscenes in Awakening that is vastly outweighed by text boxes.  Which, again, does not excuse shoddy work, but there is a likely reason for it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
I understand that and I don't think that a different individual character works as an alternate costume, but just... maybe all of the facts that stack up to Lucina being perfectly in-character as a Marth clone also stack up to make her a bad choice for a character. What does she add to the game? It could be argued she doesn't take anything from it, either, but if "two many sword-users" is a concern, maybe she does.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print