Print

Author Topic: Read Up some Sean Malstrom Topics...  (Read 48219 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2016, 08:40:55 PM »
To be fair, Ultima is a DnD-inspired RPG. That's a genre that kinda needs stories and heavy characterization.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 12:58:53 AM »
MvC3 isn't on PC

If it were I might be inclined to pick it back up. I plugged in my 360 (what a hassle) to play it, and I've forgotten how. heh

When I'm tired of Dead Rising 1 again it's going back into the Put Away Zone. Which sucks. What if I want to play Dead Rising 1 again later. Man.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 03:57:04 AM »
Can I ask Who Sean Malstrom is? I might have heard of him.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:59:39 AM by Lakitu »
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 09:42:11 AM »
For those who don't know of his existence, he's a businessman who looks upon the financial history of video games. And he loathes what it has become, especially regarding Super Mario Bros.

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »
Thanks
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:02 PM »
I apologize for bringing this topic back up. It's just another quote from Malstrom just irks me again.

I would LOVE for Bowser to have a military force at the end of the game. However, Nintendo, is so wimpy that it thinks this might be ‘too scary’. In fact, they won’t even show Bowser “die”. This is why he was ‘dragged out’ at the end of NSMB Wii. No one had any problem with Bowser dying in the Classic Mario games or Donkey Kong falling to his death in… Donkey Kong. Miyamoto needs to realize children are not frail little flowers. In fantasy, it is not that no one dies. It is that the bad guys die and find a way to ‘revive themselves’ for the sequel.

Did he... not pay attention to NSMB1 for the DS? Bowser was reduced to bones! His army weren't going to have a corpse for a leader!

And Donkey Kong didn't die! He was still twitching. If he was dead, then the plot for Donkey Kong Jr would be pointless(somewhat?).

*sigh* does anyone know a way to e-male Malstrom?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
I thought you loved Sean Malstrom.

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2016, 12:05:12 AM »
I thought you loved Sean Malstrom.
I never once said that.

I said he may have a point on certain stuff and has some actual historical experience on it.

Tough, what he recently said about Breath of the Wild does make him sound petty, whiny, and picky

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
Some of his recent hot takes:

"ARMS won’t do well because of the anime stink. It’s amazing how Street Fighter 2 has none of the anime stink. Perhaps it is due to Capcom being so sporty."

"How was Splatoon? Is Splatoon 2 worth buying? I want to know if I should buy Splatoon 2. I hear many people say they get tired of it. While the game has an interesting atmosphere of urban schtock, it doesn’t match the atmosphere of something like Quake or Unreal Tournament. I question how long Splatoon can hold someone’s attention. PS- Japanese children are not allowed to give us their opinions. I am not a Japanese child!"

"What market reality tells us is the true black sheep of the series is Zelda: Wind Waker. That game did not sell as it should!" -- because that couldn't possibly have anything to do with every other Zelda game being on a better-selling console.

The reason Nintendo made a 2D Mario Maker instead of a 3D Mario Maker is they hate 2D Mario and want it to die because everything they do is in service of their ultimate goal to make a VR system where everything is in a 3D virtual world.

Metroid: Samus Returns doesn't count as a 2D Metroid because it's using 3D models; New Super Mario Bros is still 2D Mario tho.

and an email from a fan:
Your last post about video games and woman is priceless. Hahahahahahahahah! Look, I am a married man, but I could not agree anymore with this post. I say this not because I am an unhappy bitter married man, it honestly has nothing to do with that. I say this because I was extremely picky when I chose my woman.

“Why is he saying my woman?” Because I made her my woman. My woman is 9 years younger than me (no, I am not a pedophile, hahahahahahahahah) and I got her straight out of her parents’ arms. She is a woman with strong religious ( christian) and family values and she was a virgin.

For anyone who is considering being part of such institution: be extremely picky!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2017, 11:56:22 PM »
New SMB uses 3D models too though. Even if it's on a 2D plane.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »
ARMS won’t do well because of the anime stink.

nani the hell
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print