Print

Author Topic: SMAS SMB background mixup?  (Read 9056 times)

« on: December 04, 2016, 03:00:06 AM »

In the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros., the platforms in stages 1-3 and 5-3 are themed to look like palm trees. Stages 2-3 and 7-3 are the bridge levels where Cheep Cheeps jump up. Now examine the backgrounds for these sets of levels. The palm tree stages have waterfalls plunging down, assumedly into a river or lake, while the bridge levels have sand dunes with Goomba statue pillars.

I submit that these backgrounds were originally intended to be reversed but were mistakenly swapped in programming and no one ever caught it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »
I always imagined the dunes were huge beaches by the sides of the seas 2-2 and 7-2 are in, and the Cheep Cheeps are back for revenge
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
I don't remember seeing those sand dunes (assuming that's what they're supposed to be) in 2-2. I always just thought the bridges were way up in the sky and those pillars were giant obelisk thingies, kinda like the four towers in Tower of the Wing Cap.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to say 2-2 and 7-2's background is my absolute favorite thing in the All-Stars version of SMB.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:40:54 PM »
I've always thought the dunes were sand dunes where the bandits took the whistle- wait, wrong game.

I'm with BP. I thought they were beaches too, and the following 2-3 and 7-3 were on bridges near the beach (an ascent leading to the castle level.. a literal tourist trap. haha).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print