Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55719 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2011, 10:50:28 PM »
Or misspelled "laser tag" as "kart-racing." Silly crosseyed
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 07:20:39 AM »
What he meant to say was "FPS", actually.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
Er...I think CrossEyed was kidding.

Huh, it looked like a legit statement to me, probably reinforced by the fact that one of the Mortal Kombat games featured a kart-racing minigame, so while crazy, it doesn't seem totally outside the realm of possibility. 

Well, to sorta kinda steer this thread back on track, assuming MK3D has more than 8-12 characters, I'd love to see more non-princess female characters.  Past MK games got off to a great start with Toadette and Birdo, but Pauline and Capt. Syrup would both make cool additions to the cast too, bringing personalities vastly different from the current female racers available. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
I think they should re-add Petey Piranha and Paratroopa, and add Hammer Bro, E. Gadd (Unused characters in MKWii and MKDS, respectively) and Baby Wario. And maybe add some more characters.
GAY LUIGEH

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2011, 08:07:38 AM »
Considering that a derivative of Petey showed up in both Mario Galaxies, I don't think it'd be a huge stretch to see him come back for MK3D.  I can take him or leave him, but he definitely adds some variety to the roster.  I'd love to see a Hammer Bro, but they're probably considered too similar to Koopa Troopas...
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2011, 08:31:32 AM »
Dry Bones was in MKDS, so I could see more than one form of Koopa being in MK3DS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:35 AM »
But he was the only one in MKDS if you don't count Bowser.

Petey Piranha is not a good character for a racing game because his head is so massive that you can't see the track. Having your own head create a blind spot right in front of you is generally detrimental to driving ability. If you don't believe me, play Double Dash!! again and sit Petey in the back of the kart while somebody else drives and try to play like you normally do, see how many more bananas you hit
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »
Oh man, good call!  I totally remember that.  I mean you could always shrink him down, but to me, being humongous is part of what makes Petey Petey.  Though to be honest, we haven't seen him since Double Dash!! I don't think we'll be seeing him again anyway.  In an abstract way, I feel like Funky Kong kind of fills his spot, as MK's big outrageous party animal.  MKWii also had a kart sorta based on Petey, so I feel like his legacy lives on that way. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2011, 06:05:04 PM »
I mean you could always shrink him down, but to me, being humongous is part of what makes Petey Petey.
Or make him transparent to the person playing as him and to other people he would be opaque.

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
Transparent for the user, sure, but you want to use that girth to get in your opponents view. Then when he can see, launch a shell and laugh your way to the lead!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
Decapitate him. Problem solved.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 05:00:31 PM »
Transparent for the user, sure, but you want to use that girth to get in your opponents view. Then when he can see, launch a shell and laugh your way to the lead!
I thought someone would pre-misuse it.

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »
I'm hoping we get an old-school obscure odd ball or two.  Like Wart or Tatanga, maybe Mouser.  The only other one we've ever gotten in this series that comes to mind is ROB.
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
Daisy kinda counts but she rose from her grave to play Tennis and stayed to party and drive

As far as old, gone characters go, my votes are still with Poochy and Chargin' Chuck
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2011, 12:03:45 AM »
Aw man, I want Mouser to come back full swing in the Mario games. Also, was his name Stanley from Donkey Kong 3? Bring him back to this one.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print