Print

Author Topic: Holy crap Mario's Picross rules  (Read 4145 times)

« on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
Seriously, if you have a Club Nintendo account, a 3DS and 100 coins, you have to give this game a shot: http://shigeruslist.com/2012/03/30/marios-picross/

I think I'm hooked on Picross in general now... bummed this didn't catch on in the U.S. back in the day.
Haters gonna hate

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
Yeah, I played that earlier this year and it really helped me get into Nonogram puzzles.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
I've never played much of the 2D Picross games but I played a buttload of Picross 3D and can confirm that it does indeed rule.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
I still can't believe NOA localized Tokyo Crash Mobs and still haven't brought over the two Picross-e games from Europe.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
I own the original GB cart, and I love it even though I'm absolutely terrible at it.

Sucks they won't put Super Picross or Picross 2 on the US VC.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »
Glad that Picross is finally getting some recognition, I love that type of puzzle. There's just something about staring blankly at a board for 15 minutes, then filling/crossing one square that cascades to solving another huge chunk of the puzzle. For whatever reason, I find Picross puzzles much easier to solve than Sudoku (not necessarily faster to solve, but easier to spot patterns). Only trouble is that I prefer the bigger grids now. When I got a book with Japanese puzzles in it, I just skipped to the last one and solved that first.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print