Print

Author Topic: Old Shames on the FF.  (Read 8358 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »
This may be a touchy topic for people to talk about, so you don't need to say anything if you don't want to.  I was reading some of my old forum posts from around 2003-2005, and I have to say some of them were rather embarrassing.  I'm not talking about statements on my faith, because I still hold true to my faith.  What I'm talking about are the most infamous moments of yours truly, such as my Anti-Pokemon phase, which got a then-good friend of mine mad at me on this very forum.  Hating Pokemon is not a bad thing, but I realize now that I was behaving like a total ******bag.  Now for a more humorous example: I used to be a fanboy-type to the core.  I'm still a Nintendo loyalist, but I've grown up now and I don't go out of my way to bash other gaming systems (at least not out of spite) anymore.  Man, most of my history for the first couple years here on the FF is downright humiliating!   
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »
Everything.

For the most part, I act like a real cock on this board and just about every post is embarrassing to me. I try hard not to read my old posts even though I clearly remember a number of dumb things I've done such as those random "my waifu" phases I have and anytime I try to add to a serious discussion.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
PaperLuigi 2006: Conservative Christian, anti-gay rights, evolution denier, etc.

PaperLuigi 2010: Liberal atheist, pro-gay rights, evolution acceptor, etc.

Needless to say, I am highly embarrassed by some of my past remarks.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »
Multi-colored marquee sigs taking up several lines. But I was twelve.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »
2005 Glorb: Ugh, like was I eight back then?

2010 Glorb: Ugh, am I eight right now but just really sexy?
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
I just thought up a new one: my fanfics.  As I got older, they got better.  However, the old ones are terrible.  The good thing about fanfics is that they make for good practice writing, and now I've written (and re-written a couple times) an original novel.  I guess I'm not really "ashamed," so to speak; I just wouldn't want anybody I know reading those fics I wrote when I was about 14 and just getting started on this forum.  I mean, I had John Cena as a guest star in my Christmas story; back when he was cool that is.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 02:45:47 AM »
Unless you count the account I made in 2003, made exactly one post with, and promptly forgot the password to, I didn't join until late 2006, when I was almost 17 and a freshman in college, so I didn't really do anything too embarrassing that I can think of.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 06:22:14 AM »
Some of my posts on NatDT. 

Which is to say, I still hold true to just about every opinion and belief I've voiced on the board, but...  man, some of the arguments I used were just terrible. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
All of my old posts. I was 12 in 2005 when I joined and my grammar was despicable. I look back and my posts were totally n00b. Like all the way. My fanfics, too. I read them now and I get this strong urge to rewrite because they're kinda just awful.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
Remember when my posts used to consist mainly of memes and vulgar insinuations?

oh wait
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
When I first joined I used to bump old topics all the time. Koopaslaya even needed to PM me telling me to stop, haha.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
2005 Koopaslaya: I posted a lot.

2010 Koopaslaya: I creep the boards, but rarely post.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
I'm a lot dumber than I used to be.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
I've toned down my Nintendo-bashing and amped up my perverse one-liners about videogame vixens, and I think that's about it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 01:38:29 AM »
I haven't changed at all. What the heck..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 02:06:43 AM »
No, that's good. You're one of the coolest members here.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »
I just thought of yet another example.  I realize that it's good to have American pride, but I think I took it waaaaay too far in my early days.  I can't remember who called me out on it, but I definitely deserved to be called a "raging patriot."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
Behold, another static personality. If anything, I used to be more active in high school.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »
I sorely hope I've changed. Younger me was an immature, oblivious little brat. :/
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:45 AM »
I dunno why I acted the way I did back then. I hate reading old posts, as well.

But now, I'm just good ol' Trainman, I guess. Yeah, somethin' like that.
Formerly quite reasonable.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
I can safely say my original months here (Around June-September 2006) back when I was 8 were totally not dumb, riddled with typos, and overly exited and dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Because i dont' need to put space after MY punctuation,right?Cuz commas arn't punctuation,right!!!!!
SCIENTOLAGY IS EVIL!I'M SMART!YOU GUYS ARE SO IMACHURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!
Read my post history for instant comedy gold. No, seriously, I sucked back then.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 07:34:26 PM »
Your comical exclamation points bother me.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »
I'm more ashamed of my current self.  In the old days I did more cool (IMO) stuff here.  I also made some stupid post, but I'm ignoring those. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 09:55:16 PM »
Note the singular tense. That's the only stupid post he's ever made.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »
In that case...
but I'm ignoring those. 

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
I believe that, bolth as TLW and UVG, I've never been less than perfect. Go ahead, you can bow to my modesty, I won't stop you.
:D

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 07:34:47 PM »
uvg was one of my favorite members ever. TLW is pretty boring, and uses lame stuff like "ITT".

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
Listen.Whole thing,The humans were banned because Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were indiividauls and Mushroom King Potaito(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)Only allowed 3 individauls but there was 4 so Babys in the Mario Family were banned and the Parents of Baby Mario And Baby Luigi were killed by being burried alive in there sleep but he sent the Mario babys back to Earth because The Mushroom King decided it would be harsh to kill a baby then Morten(Not Jr.)killed the Mushroom king.Case Closed.(Oh and the Queen rules now.)   

One of my old posts. Weep for humanity's future. WEEP. >:(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:58:17 PM by coolkid »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »
I think we could only weep for humanity's future if that wasn't "copypasta."

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »
O-ho-ho-ho-HO!
That was 100% for real.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
Hmm? Was that interpreted as doubting its original existence? What I meant was if you had posted that in this age [and at this age], it would be a sad spectacle as you would not have changed.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 05:58:43 PM »
Ah. I see.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
I believe that, bolth as TLW and UVG, I've never been less than perfect. Go ahead, you can bow to my modesty, I won't stop you.

Now that I think about it, I used some of your older, poorly-written posts as my signature in times gone past. I was reading some of my old posts, found that signature, and resurrected it not too long ago before I changed it to the one I have now.

Print