Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario: Splatoon  (Read 36506 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2016, 05:22:13 PM »
yay more toads 😞
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
By 2020 Peach and Bowser will be Toads.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2016, 09:44:23 PM »
I do have to say, the Rescue V feel like they might have been intended as intentional callbacks to the Axem Rangers and the Koopa Bros., which is nice, and it's the closest Paper Mario has come to trying to be Paper Mario since 2007... but then they summon giant waves of Toads and it just feels like they're mocking us at this point.

If you want to hold out some hope, there's the fact that Color Splash started development pretty much immediately after Sticker Star shipped, so they didn't give themselves any time to listen to feedback (which was pretty stupid), so now if they make another one, this time they'll be ready to react to our feedback from 2012. But I'm pretty sure this is just what Paper Mario is going to be from now on.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2016, 04:23:46 AM »
The main difference is that the Koopa Bros. were an obvious TMNT spoof, the Axem Rangers were a general/mostly 90s Super Sentai spoof, while Rescue V up there are a dead-on parody of the original Himitsu Sentai Goranger, right down to the grainy film stock and 70s music. This I like.

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIzqblAsiBk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIzqblAsiBk</a>

(also, it looks like TMK needs to update how YT embeds work since it seems to be loading the Flash version of the videos for me)

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »
A Conversation With Paper Mario: Color Splash Producer Risa Tabata

Quote from: Tabata
There's a developer by the name of Taro Kudo who worked on the previous game as well, and he's been basically the overall director for the story and the dialogue in this game. He's very very good at coming up with gags and jokes, but he's also very good at crafting a good story. And I think if you play the game to the end, you may actually cry at the end. We did some test plays and there really were people who cried at the end.

Checkmate, Color Splash haters

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
Tears of joy that it was over?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2016, 11:21:54 PM »
lemme guess huey is gonna sacrifice himself at the end like kersti did

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »
New video: 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyerryUkoc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyerryUkoc</a>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
This game is freaking beautiful.

It still doesn't look like the game I want Paper Mario to be, but [darn] is it pretty.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
I think the worlds and environments are cool, but I'll still not convinced on the battles.  The battles may be better than Sticker Star, but still not up to N64/GCN era. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 12:09:37 AM »
Paper Koopa Kids! That's pretty cool.

Still not impressed with Mario's overalls. er.. still not impressed with the game overall.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2016, 10:12:14 PM »
It's weird how I wanted Koopalings to come back so bad 10-15 years ago and now they're just Nintendo's symbol for "yeah we still don't feel like coming up with any real bosses."

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »
The Ukiki's Paw

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2016, 04:20:17 PM »
I kinda hoped they'd do something crazy with them like the big mech suits in Yoshi's Safari. This looks a little closer to that than anything the NSMBs did, at any rate.

Given that 3D World gave us a whole swarth of new bosses, there's a good chance the next "main" Mario game will do the same, right?

Print