Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145240 times)

« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2015, 12:00:09 AM »
Smash today was ridiculous.

« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2015, 03:51:11 AM »
If you want to get FG wins, play as your main.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
Wow
Also I voted for Crono in Smash
Does that make me an idiot?
Probably, yes
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #498 on: April 17, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »
Letting him in would open the floodgates for Square Enix reps, which is a scary thought.

It seems that sound clips pertaining to Roy and Street Fighter's Ryu have been found in the 1.0.6 patch.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #499 on: April 30, 2015, 06:26:14 AM »
I finally unlocked the last of the custom specials. I really wish customs were handled differently... since they take forever to unlock and are somewhat of a hassle to set up, it's not super likely that the tournament scene is going to use them. Which I think will make Smash 4 tournaments a lot less fun to watch, hurt the balance of the game, and remove a unique point of interest from the game altogether and leave it as Super Not Melee 2. Wish they could have been bought in an in-game shop like trophies or simply been all unlocked from the start, and players could choose their custom moves when selecting a character like vehicle parts in Mario Kart 8 or assists in Marvel vs. Capcom.

But, I guess it doesn't affect how I'll play it all that much. Pretty much everyone I've talked to and played with thinks custom moves are totally fine and equipment has no place in multiplayer besides taunt matches. And a fine thing, because Greninja really needs some of his customs to be better, if you ask me. Default Substitute's window for activation is so short and the counterattack is so slow that it's liable to miss and can even be countered by a much better counter move like Counter or Vision. One of its customs is even slower for some reason. The last one is not a counter, but is more like a sidestep dodge that explodes! This, I think, is even better than a counter move would be, because it will activate even if Greninja is not attacked, making it harder to punish. I wanted to use the default Substitute because I love how the dinky little green plush is accurate to the games and everything, but I had little success with it and eventually stopped trying. Switching to Exploding Attack gives me a reliable option I definitely didn't have before.

For other characters, I like... Lucas's PK Thunder/Freeze/Magnet for Ness (Freeze has actually scored me a real KO or two, I think it has some edgeguarding application if you time it right and your opponent is real real dumb or has a predictable recovery), Decisive Monado Arts/Power Vision/Back Slash Charge/Advancing Air Slash for Shulk, Fire Arrow and Time Bomb for Toon "Litterbug" Link, never ever the defaults for Mega Man...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
Funny how Palutena has so much more diversity in her custom moves. Either they planned to give everyone else the same treatment but ran short of time, or Sakurai wanted to keep his waifu special.

Agreed that they should either be available from the start, or available for purchase with in-game coins. I couldn't even be bothered to get them for my favourite characters in the Wii U version.

For any fellow Villager mains, Giant Gyroid is great for wallbuilding.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2015, 03:16:28 PM »
Crazy Orders is where to do it. With Home Run Bat/Quick Batter/First Striker equipment, preferably on a character with a fast long projectile. Use that and Crazy Orders will print good stuff. When I was down to 50-25 moves to unlock and the reward drops were slowing down, the most efficient way seemed to be to start Crazy Orders, just make sure the character I beat the most was one whose moves I didn't have a complete set for, and end the run after only 3 or 4 rounds (and then playing longer ones to make back the coins). Then when I was down to 2 or 3 more I made bat setups for those characters, since you'll often get a move for the character you're using when you unlock a move in a round. Ike was the last and I couldn't put a bat equip on him, so I used Ray Gun Boots instead.

Yeah it takes forever still and that's not good. Just saying the quickest way, if it helps.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2015, 06:14:16 PM »
Cool beans, thought I'd read something about equipping a Home Run Bat but didn't pay it much mind.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #503 on: June 04, 2015, 08:28:57 AM »
Got my Ness amiibo, but I am disappointed in the AI. It is becoming difficult to beat, but not because it's a smart or effective attacker. It's just doing what level 9 CPUs have always done in lieu of being smart or unpredictable, shielding and dodging with impossible foresight. It has learned to use PSI Magnet when I'm using PK Thunder to recover... but hasn't figured out that the point is to be where I am, and steal my PK Thunder so I can't make it back to the stage (admittedly this is a trick that only works for Ness in a mirror match, until Lucas is released). Worst of all, it keeps using PK Thunder 2 off the ground, which I have never ever ever done in its presence, and never works. Hey. Bad Ness/Lucas players and bad Ness/Lucas AIs. Stop using PK Thunder 2 as a ground attack. It is slow, telegraphed, and easily shielded, avoided or countered. Kudos for not being Kirby and spamming Stone but you're only half a rung above that if you think PK Thunder 2 is a good ground attack. Sincerely yours, die.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #504 on: June 13, 2015, 04:09:44 PM »
Roy and Ryu have been mined out of the most recent patch, as well as a Street Fighter stage for Ryu, Dreamland 64, and I guess Lucas.

I got nothing to say about Roy, really. Ryu seems to have real combos--moves that can cancel into other moves while the opponent is in hitstun, like in traditional fighting games and Lucario in Project M. He also has two final smashes. Given their presence I'm betting they'll be released really soon.

Better start walkin', bud!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #505 on: June 13, 2015, 05:42:44 PM »
Well, I hope this teaches Nintendo a lesson about patching.

Take next week's Hearthstone patch as a counterexample. Over the course of two weeks Blizzard revealed three new Heroes and a new mode. A patch was uploaded the very next day after the last announcement. It of course instantly got the **** datamined out of it but there was nothing unannounced.

Why didn't Nintendo wait two days?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »
If they are about to be announced and released, then this recent update makes a little sense, now many people have the download done in advance and just need the curiously large download of a key (I've never understood what is IN a DLC key that requires a download so large if the character is already in a patch)... the leak months ago that had Roy and Ryu's names in it, though, I don't get. Why prepare musical stuff so early on?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #507 on: June 14, 2015, 02:04:10 PM »
Wonder if Ryu was actually the most popular Smash Vote pick.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #508 on: June 14, 2015, 02:45:32 PM »
I doubt it, but, we don't really know. People love to act like it's K. Rool but there's no evidence beyond "a bunch of Redditor reported, to each other, that they voted K. Rool"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:41 AM »

Miiverse stage is working well.

Print