Poll

What did your unlucky event involve?

Death
Destruction
Video Games
Other Media
Other
Print

Author Topic: Friday the 13th 2009 Part TWO 3D  (Read 4674 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »
Tell your unlucky stories.

I was sick for most of my spring break after months and months of perfect health.

I bought the Super id Pack on Steam and it went on sale for half off the base price two weeks later.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:35:42 PM »
I have to turn in three papers, take a midterm, and register for next year's classes today. My spring break doesn't start until next week.

Am I the only person who would rather have that stuff due after spring break? At least as an option? I for one am not going anywhere for spring break. None of my friends live anywhere near my house (and most of them have spring break on a different week anyway). I'm going to be spending a week at my house with nothing to do, and with a computer, printer, library, and internet connection constantly within my reach. I would rather be able to take a break for a while, get away from schedules and deadlines, get more than four hours of sleep, and then put enough time into these papers to do them well.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »
Well, two of my friends broke up with each other today. And I had a gnarly case of caffeine jitters this morning from drinking my Full Throttle too fast.
every

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
LOL I have had a good day. But I can barely remember yesterday at all...
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
I have to say that today has been a pretty awesome and good day.
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
Reminder: The stories don't have to have taken place on Friday the 13th, they just have to be about unluckiness.

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
LOL I have had a good day. But I can barely remember yesterday at all...

My neighbor died. He didn't die today. We just found out that he was dead today. He has been dead for days, my parents reported him missing today and he was found dead in his home.

R.I.P. Nick.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:41:26 PM by Sapphira »
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
In before Sapphira has her way with that.

Me? Nothing bad happened, really, nor did it last time as far as I can recall. The whole superstition is so ridiculous it's not even worth grousing about, anyway.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was about the Friday the Thirteenth remake. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if that was actually the name of a movie.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »
[bleep]! My neighbor died. He didn't die today. We just found out that he was dead today. He has been dead for days, my parents reported him missing today and he was found dead in his home.

R.I.P. Nick.

O.O @ The language and the dead guy.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 06:41:03 AM »
YOU GOT SAPPHIRA'D

TEM

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 08:06:16 AM »
At about 8 pm last night I was pulled over and got a ticket for $105.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »
When this went down not some 24 hours ago, I had a sack lunch on the car ride to the mountain park-ish place we'd be going into to "camp". One item, which I had looked at reasonably closely several times earlier, was a can of white grape juice my mom had bought me. Having already devoured several other snacks, and though I was not terribly fond of the drink, I cracked open the can and prepared myself for the taste of liquid white grape. Instead, I got a mouthful of a syrupy, cloying substance that sent my taste buds into a seizure. Examining the can closer, I discovered it was concentrate, intended to be diluted in three cups of water for a pitcherfull of the stuff. Now, I place the blame 25% on my mom/anyone else who buys the product and 75% on Welchs. On one hand, it does mention in multiple places on the can its concentrated nature, and white grape juice in a can is not exactly a commonplace product. On the other hand, concentrates normally come in Pillsbury dough-esque cylinders, not soda pop cans. My dad discarded it immediately upon our return but my brother, having witnessed the ordeal, kept his can, with which we will make the drink proper at a later date.

There's nothing wrong with this thread, but I'm having a hard time deciding what should go here and what should go on the Angst Thread.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »
I would've drank the concentrate like a man instead of wasting it.
Lots of concentrates come in drink cans rather than orange juice concentrate packages.

Print