Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55720 times)

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »
I love that idea. Then they could also bring back the original point system (9, 6, 3, 1 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively). Then they could also do like in MKDD and MKW: Only X number of characters per GP, but they are random/rotate out, and on a similar note: Similar characters (Mario and Baby Mario, Luigi and Baby Luigi, etc*) don't appear in the same GP run (unless the player happens to be playing as one).

* If that's confusing: Mario and Luigi can appear in the same GP, but if Mario appears, Baby Mario won't. I don't want to race against six forms of Mario
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »
So at Nintendo's press event last night some new info on Mario Kart 7 was released.

-New Fire Flower power up
-First person driving mode that uses the gyro scope
-Lakitu and Metal Mario will join the cast of playable drivers!

It's funny, of all the wishlisting and speculating done here and on other sites, I don't think either of those characters ever occurred to me.  Playable Lakitu will be fun... but who'll fish drivers of the water--oh snap, you can drive under water in MK7!  Okay, but that still doesn't explain who'll save people who drive off cliffs, or hold up signs or start the race... interesting. 

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1193997p1.html?RSSwhen2011-09-12_232800&RSSid=1193997&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fds+%28IGN+DS%29
Haters gonna hate

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 10:10:17 AM »
I hope Dry Baby Metal Daisy will be playable
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »
You mean Dry Baby Metal Wadaisy, right?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »
You mean Dry Baby Metal Wadaisy, right?
You forgot that she's a "special guest", so it's Dry Baby Metal Wadaisy Copyright SEGA 1991

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »
Okay, but that still doesn't explain who'll save people who drive off cliffs,

Hangliders, remember?

or hold up signs or start the race... interesting. 

Lakitu is still seen holding the stoplight at the start of the race in that footage, so I guess there's more than one. You might notice that the playable Lakitu has a red shell on his back rather than a green one.

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »
Gotcha, that all makes sense.  Just have to assume that it's some OTHER Lakitu running the stoplight and stuff.  I still find this kind of a strange choice, but it's cool to see new faces in the MK roster.  I'd have rather had a Hammer Bro personally, but I'm still psyched for Lakitu.  And maybe/hopefully MK7 will have a humongous cast like MKWii and Double Dash.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »
What video or pics are people seeing Lakitu playable in? I can't seem to find that one.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/13/mario-kart-7-developer-interview?objectid=77805

About halfway through they show off the fire flower and new characters.  The developer mentions that Metal Mario and Lakitu are just two of the new characters they're revealing, and implies there'll be at least a few more.  The new levels look awesome, and they've made some great choices when it comes to bringing back classic courses.  If it wasn't for Mario 3D Land, I'd say for sure this is the killer app the 3DS needs, this looks fantastic.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2011, 01:40:05 AM »
Well, this is one 3DS Mario game that I am certainly psyched about.  I can't wait until more information gets out concerning the courses, characters and what-not, but what they've shown thus far certainly looks promising; at the very least, this looks far better than Mario Kart Wii already.

I personally like that they brought Metal Mario back as a PC after this long; he still seems less filler than any baby that isn't Mario and very-slightly-possibly Luigi.  I'm honestly surprised that Lakitu's taken this long to get a playable role, seeing as he's been in the series since the beginning, and there have been normal-enemy characters in every Mario Kart game save for '64 and Super Circuit.

Also, Airship Fortress, DK Pass, and Waluigi Pinball back?  Heck yes; they sure can choose those DS courses.  Then again, most of the courses in DS were pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:19:06 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2011, 05:29:50 AM »
Metal Mario.

Yup, I'm excited.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2011, 12:06:42 AM »
First off. I am not excited about another form of Mario taking the place of virtually any other character they could have used. What is this, 1996? Yes, Metal Mario was awesome when we first transformed into him in SM64, and it was cool fighting him in SSB, but having him taking up character space in several spinoffs is just a bit much. It's nearly as annoying as having Baby Mario also playable, and if Mario Golf 64 is any indication, he'll have the same voice as Baba Mario, so he will be just as annoying. Make metal a powerup of some form!

Now that I'm over my initial madness, at least it's not Petey Pirahna.

Now that I'm done ranting, it occurs to me how some of the GameBoy Advance commercials are relevant now, like this one, or any others where the game world envolpes the player.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:09:03 PM by Toad »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:59 AM »
Or he can have no voice and never go fast and be eerily non-aggressive and be the scariest thing in the whole game
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
Just noticed something; watch the item roulette at the beginning of the third video here closely.

From what I can tell, it includes (among other items), a Super Leaf, a "7" from the game's logo, and a wingless Spiny Shell.  Notably, it appears to exclude everything from MKWii, as well as possibly fake item boxes and Golden Mushrooms (though I seriously doubt either of them are going to be absent, despite my hate for the former).  I would imagine the Spiny Shell is now ground-bound due to the hang-glider attachment, but I have no idea what the other items would do.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
I'm curious as to how the super leaf works... and the 7 of course. I have no idea what it will do.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print