Print

Author Topic: Something you want  (Read 7436 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:32:11 AM »
I think whether you're a good, generous person or a self-righteous narcissus, there's something weirdly specific that you want to have. And not something corny like true love, or world peace, or a clone of Mr. Rogers, or to travel the world. Even if it genuinely comes after stuff like that, I think we all want something wasteful and unnecessary and expensive. And not money, either--money is just a resource with which you can get such frivolous bull[dukar]. Forget about money and fame and experiences and other people's well-being for this topic. Judge no one for not wishing to cure AIDS. There's a thing you've fantasized in detail about having, maybe even so far as to assert that one day you'll have it. And I think it's an interesting subject that can say a lot about a person. Or not. Who knows.

The thing I've always wanted and would seek to have is a huge jacuzzi. Like a heated pool, probably outdoors but somewhere no one can see, and looks half natural, like a pond, and half like an in-ground hot tub. Clearly big enough for maybe ten people to fit in comfortably but only ever used by one or two people at a time, bottle of wine optional. No TVs. You don't look at it during the day because the little fake (but convincing) candles on the fake (but convincing) lilypads aren't lit then. Nor the post-mounted lanterns all around it.

I don't really care to have an excessive amount of money, or an excessively pretty car, or an excessively luxurious place to live to frame it with. The excessive material thing I want is this hot tub. And I think I'll always want it, in the back of my head, until I'm 40, have a permanent living situation and whatever the future has in place of financial security, and start building it myself, 'cause that is the type of person I am. The type who makes whatever he wants but doesn't have.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
A game room. An actual room, somewhere in my home, that can be set up to have video games and board games. A place for people to gather and play games (since that's what my friends and family do when we gather in one spot: catch up and play games, for the most part). It doesn't have to be a huge room, just big enough for a tv, a coffee table, comfortable seating, and enough room to move from one spot to another without tripping on each other, or game controller cords, or whatever else might be on the floor.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
Imagine, if you will, a house. The style of the house itself is not important, just that it has at least two stories. In the middle of this house, there is a spiral staircase. One of those really cool iron ones. Instead of the usual pole in the center, though, there is a tall, round, glass fishtank, full of colorful tropical fish. This is something I have wanted since I was about six years old. I don't know if it's even feasible; at the very least I can think of a few difficulties that would arise in cleaning it.

The other thing that I want to have, that I only really started thinking about within the past month or so, is an airplane. I made a bunch of friends at college who live all around the country, and it'd just be the coolest thing to be like "yeah I'll come visit you at your house. Just let me hop in my airplane and I'll be there in a few hours." It's unlikely that it'll ever actually happen, because airplanes are way crazy expensive, but having an absurd goal is better than having no goal at all, I think.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
A ~$1200-$1300 gaming PC. Even if I worked for a whole summer, I couldn't afford one now.

I also wouldn't mind having all the game systems and games that I have on a list on my computer, along with four different TV setups for games and other media.

TV1 is a 4:3 480p "EDTV" (Enhanced definition television, not that [darn] movie that keeps popping up in Google searches). I'd use it to play any third to fourth gen games (NES to SNES), any 4:3 fifth gen games (which is basically the vast, vast, vast majority of them), and any 4:3 sixth gen games (which is, again, the majority of them). I'd also use it for 4:3 only Wii games. In addition to video games, I'll use this TV for watching VHS tapes and 4:3 DVDs. TV2 is a 16:9 flat panel TV that can hopefully display about 720p. I'd use it to play widescreen PS1, N64, GameCube, PS2, Xbox, and Wii games. I'd also use it to watch widescreen DVDs. I would also use this to watch standard definition television, because it's bigger than TV2, but at least shows wouldn't look ridiculous like with TV1. TV3 is an HDTV, like the kind you see on the market nowadays. I'd use it to play every seventh gen and onward console (except for the Wii). I'd also use it to watch Blu-ray discs.

That's all really dumb to actually map out and keep on a document on my computer...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:20:59 AM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »
An Aventador.

Unless it would be something more immaterial - still selfish, but less material - in which case I'd really like to not have diabetes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »

gf

But seriously, I'm not the type to want a single really expensive thing. Unless that thing is a diamond so large I could sell it for millions and never need worry about work.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
Well gee maybe if you had a steamy hot tub in your backyard you'd have better luck. Although if it doesn't come with an automatic fedora- and neckbeard-removing butler, you may just be... er, "screwed" isn't the word I'm looking for, is it
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »
"Left high and dry" would work.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »
a 3ds
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »
That was funny, but what happened to not judging someone else in this thread.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:29:24 PM »
I meant morally, since the point of the thread is to make unapologetically selfish wishes
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 09:11:04 PM »
Not just a 3ds, but an italian food maker that even prints money!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:48 PM »
Are you implying that Italians eat money?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »
No

Print