Print

Author Topic: E3 2011 Predictions / Wishlists  (Read 16279 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
You know what I want, some news about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC

And no more of that dummied-out-stuff-that-you-pay-for-to-use, either (seriously how is that even legal)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
I'd like Bizarre Creations to be all, SURPRISE we're actually still making games!

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
You know what I want, some news about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC

And no more of that dummied-out-stuff-that-you-pay-for-to-use, either (seriously how is that even legal)

It's all about getting money from used game buyers. It's a fine idea except that it is shafting even people who bought it new.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
You're thinking of the "online pass" concept for multiplayer, where new copies come with a code for it and players with used copies have to pay an extra $10 or whatever for it. That's fine and all, but BP is talking about locked content on-disc, which pretty much everyone has to pay extra for, and which totally should be illegal.

The former is like buying the DVD box set for a TV show used and finding it doesn't include some free online content advertised as being part of new copies, but that you can pay for that content on the Web site; the latter is like buying a DVD set and finding out upon putting the last disc in your player that you have to pay extra to be able to view its contents.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
Ah, my mistake. I did mix them up. However, it's still not different from, say, day one DLC. It's just already on the disk. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's shady if they release a game not worth the full price and then sell you the end of the game. But can you honestly say that MvC3, if there was nothing more but what is initially available, would not be worth it?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 11:47:24 PM »
I think ill of day 1 DLC also

DLC should be about adding stuff, not removing the cheese from the cheeseburger

Edit: I guess cheeseburgers do cost more than hamburgers so the analogy is awful, but that doesn't mean video games aren't overpriced as hell anyhow
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:50:24 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
I don't think MvC3 was worth it.

Although that just could be because I suck.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »
I think ill of day 1 DLC also

DLC should be about adding stuff, not removing the cheese from the cheeseburger

Edit: I guess cheeseburgers do cost more than hamburgers so the analogy is awful, but that doesn't mean video games aren't overpriced as hell anyhow

How are video games overpriced? Do you realize what people have to go through to make them? I certainly wouldn't want to spend years of my life working on something just to sell it for $10.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »
The people who make video games (the developers at least) don't see nearly as much of that $60 as you might think they do.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 01:29:50 AM »
I didn't say the publishers weren't the problem

But enough of me whining, right?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 01:32:59 AM »
I was talking to Kimimaru, I agree with you.

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »
The models from last year.

Naw, in all seriousness, I want Pikmin 3, a new Metroid(2D or Prime series), the TWEWY sequel to be for 3DS, more info on DQX, Kid Icarus, a 3DS version of Wind Waker, and the Phoenix Wright Professor Layton crossover game. Is that too much to ask for? D:

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
I'm hoping for a Four Swords or NSMB type game that would use the TV screen for the main action and have private stuff on the controller screen.  Some casual downloads like Battleship or Rubik's Race would work well too.  I'm thinking we could see some multiplayer version of previously single player only titles like Pikmin.  I also want to see some of the e-Reader content come to the 3DS, but am waiting for a killer app and an income before I get one.   

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 05:51:52 PM »
Project Cafe isn't real.
Explaniation: According to the rumors, the controller looks like a Classic Controller with a touchscreen. That makes PC look like a home DS.
What will really be announced: A new 3DS version like the DS Lite or DSi XL.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
Nintendo has explicitly confirmed that a successor to the Wii will be shown and playable at this E3 and will come out next year. The name "Project Cafe" was confirmed by a banner image found on Nintendo's developer site. With the Nikkei article, the screen is all but confirmed at this point, though I do kind of doubt that it's actually 6 inches.

They'll definitely put out some kind of 3DS revision at some point, but it's too early now.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print