Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55685 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2011, 05:28:52 PM »
Oh yeah, there was that weird phase with F-Zero AX and that one Madden game, where somebody apparently decided that the five or six people who still live near a modern arcade were a broad enough market to justify implementing some kind of console-arcade memory connectivity. Or does that sort of thing still exist in certain places?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
Proper arcades aren't as rare outside of Japan as you'd think.

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2011, 08:57:38 PM »
To be honest I don't see why there needs to be so many characters in a game where the actual character serves no purpose. Even if they each had a special item.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2011, 02:02:41 AM »
Eh. I think that was only a real problem in Wii, where the karts also had no clear connections to any particular characters. DS was pushing it a little by letting anyone drive anyone's car but the fact that each character explicitly had their own set made them still feel relevant, y'know?

What would be really beautiful is if, some time in the future, they did another Double-Dash!!-type game with your two characters talking to each other occasionally (getting hit many times in a row, falling off the track, staying in first place for a long time, winning, losing) with unique conversation possibilities for each combination... only in my wishes...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2011, 11:20:03 AM »
That of course requires them to allow the characters to talk at all. Which they never really will.

Crash Tag-Team Racing did something similar to what you suggested, though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
It's such a shame, Martinet clearly loves what he does and when he's given the chances he makes Mario a chatterbox, but not one that feels out-of-character at all. Then Japan is all NO. NO. ALL NINTENDO CHARACTERS MUST BE LINK. PERSONALITIES MAKE CHARACTERS BAD. GAH.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2011, 05:22:17 PM »
Well, to be fair, look what happened when they made Samus fully voiced.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
I

Um

What

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2011, 08:35:05 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
Well, to be fair, look what happened when they made Samus fully voiced.
I'm not blaming you personally for this--because it's unfortunately a good point--but the argument for having no voice acting in Nintendo games because it didn't work out very well once or twice is really dumb. Voice acting in and of itself is not detrimental--hiring [dukar]ty actors and working off a bad script is.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:54:02 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »
I know, I just couldn't miss a chance to insult Other M.

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »
hiring [dukar]ty actors and working off a bad script

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
F-ZERO GX has good voice acting. Punch-Out!!. Cheesy as it is, I like how Kid Icarus Uprising's is sounding.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
On-topic: It would be interesting to see Nintendo revert back to the original eight character setup: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, DK Jr., Koopa Troopa, and Bowser. That would make for a great comeback. Unlockables could be possible, including newer (than SMK) characters like Wario, Waluigi, Birdo, DK (lol), etc.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

Print