Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188881 times)

Sqrt2

« Reply #480 on: June 28, 2015, 03:20:45 PM »
Talon in Ocarina of Time is actually Mario, who has retired from the Mushroom Kingdom and settled in Hyrule under a different name.
AA fanboy and proud!

The Ultimate Mario Fan

• The_Ultimate_Long_Name
« Reply #481 on: July 02, 2015, 09:43:01 PM »
I always reconciled the Yoshi's Island and Mario-in-Brooklyn stories by imaging that Mario's parents in the Mushroom Kingdom were under attack so they took a Warp Pipe to the real world and left the two brothers on an Italian family's doorstop.  Though I still think the Marios are actually Italian (perhaps their parents moved to the Mushroom Kingdom and gave the bros. to relatives?).  Take with that what you will.
Ciao paisanos! If we can unstop a stop, we can stop the unstoppable!  (Σ(:o}D
(Also know as The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan or TUMF.)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #482 on: July 03, 2015, 04:28:15 AM »
I take that to mean BP was right about your lack of creativity.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #483 on: July 03, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »
Chef I swear if this becomes another Colonel then I'm gonna be slightly mad and extremely amused.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #484 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:02 PM »
Don't be rude. Passive-aggressive is fine but rude is just bad >:(

The X-Nauts run an ISP on the side
Where did they get the funding to build a fortress on the moon and how was it a secret? Well, they got the funding because it wasn't a secret, they built a facility up there to provide satellite internet from the earth's natural satellite. That is why a humongous computer is up there and why Peach can e-mail Mario.

The X salute they do comes from the icon you get for images that don't load because satellite internet sucks
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #485 on: July 03, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
oh yeah that icon I forgot that existed
Also I presume you were talking about The Chef?
If not then I apologize.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #486 on: July 03, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
In real life, I think there's a decent chance the X-Naut's X salute was a reference to the aliens' salute in Plan 9 From Outer Space. Or it could just be that they already decided on calling them X-something and that's a pretty natural way to make an X with your arms.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #487 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:14 PM »
Yeah, I like how much of a show-don't-tell touch it is. You don't need to explain what or why it is, it's clear, and sets them apart from Bowser's slackers even though plenty of examples of idiots exist in their ranks.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #488 on: July 04, 2015, 01:52:25 AM »
In Japan, they're called 'Megabatten' (メガバッテン), which I'm guessing is a pun on 'megane' (眼鏡, lit. 'glasses' or 'spectacles') and 'batten' (罰点, a cross or X mark). The 'X' salute prolly really was just a natural choice on part of the baddie designers.

Interestingly, when Goombella tattles on a X-Yux, she says: "I hear this is read as "Cross"-Yux, not as "Ex" Yux." If the same holds true for the X-Nauts (e.g. "Cross-Nauts", not "Ex-Nauts") then that may in fact be a pun on Noughts and Crosses.

« Reply #489 on: July 14, 2015, 03:24:04 PM »
Huh. That Cross and Naughts thing is really neat. It kinda makes a lot about them make a lot more sense.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #490 on: July 15, 2015, 11:06:15 PM »
The Paper universe is gone
Mario & Luigi & Paper Mario confirms that there is some kind of multiverse stuff going on with Mario. The events in each universe are similar--Bowser kidnaps Peach again and again and Mario saves her, etc. In the Super universe, Super Mario was traveling through space collecting stars to save Peach from Bowser. At the same time in the Paper universe, Paper Mario was traveling through dimensions collecting hearts to save everything from melodrama. At the conclusion of Mario Galaxy, I guess the universe is destroyed and gives birth to a new one and Rosalina explains that it's not going to be exactly the same (apparently. Sure, I still don't see how this is supposed to be what happens, but it'll serve my purposes here). At the same time, the Chaos Heart is destroyed and the worlds the Void swallowed are pulled back out.

...But they're not exactly the same there, either. Paper Mario's home dimension was one that the Void sucked up, and the Star Spirits didn't have a more recent System Restore Point for the world than one before Mario beat the Shadow Queen. She became unstoppable and took over the world before Mario could collect enough Power Rush badges to prevent it. The world Paper Mario and his friends call home became a living hell.

Sticker Star is what happened when they escaped and sought refuge in the Super universe--the Super characters, not comprehending that these paper counterparts were more of thinking, living beings with souls than anything they'd ever met, put on a puppet show using Paper Mario and co.'s bodies. Paper Jam is the Paper cast's escape from the Super universe into the M&L Universe, where once again they will be used as props simply because of their strange physiology. It is possible they could escape to Woolly World and eke out a meager existence there next...

...but they'll never really be at home again.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #491 on: August 09, 2015, 02:56:24 AM »
Mario's world is Asgard.
Rainbow Road is obviously Bifrost.

« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2015, 05:20:13 PM »
Expain.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »
The spin-offs is where the alternate timelines/realities cross over. Think of it as the End of Time in Chrono Trigger: the area of least resistance. That's what allows multiple versions of the same character to appear in the spin-offs (this could also apply to the alternate costume colors in Mario Sprots Mix).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2015, 11:29:39 PM »
original mario do not steal
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print