Print

Author Topic: Favourite video game console menu  (Read 6737 times)

« on: September 11, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »
Mine's the one for Gamecube even though I didn't own that console back then. What about you?

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:20:25 PM »
Anything before Wii.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:47:42 PM »
SNES
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 04:14:39 AM »
SNES

SNES didn't have a 'proper' menu if I remember right...

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 09:55:18 PM »
Unless you count The Story of the Town Whose Name Has Been Stolen, which looks like a pretty cool system menu from the handful of videos and screenshots you can find of it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYR4FqRk760" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYR4FqRk760</a>
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
Unless BP had a Satellaview as a kid, I don't think he would. :P

Wait... are add-ons considered separate systems?

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:06:37 AM »
I would have to say the Wii.
*takes out popcorn*
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »
Last gen's consoles really dropped the ball on this. The Wii was pretty good at this, mainly cause you could use a Classic Controller (Or Guitar Hero guitar!) to just maneuver through it with a control stick. The PS3's, though, is kind of obtuse. The Xbox 360's isn't as obtuse, but it's still a little difficult to find some options I think.

The 3DS probably has my favorite menu. All those themes, being able to make silly little folders...
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 02:41:54 AM »
Real answer: PC, since everything in it actually has a reason to be there. I fully customized mine's desktop with large, semitransparent, easy-to-identify icons of programs I use often with no names underneath, a little box in the corner that displays connected storage drives with capacity meters and speeds of data going in or out in bits per second, and 243 pokémon backgrounds I got for free, even though I don't have any pokémon games for PC. In the middle of a game I can hit alt+tab to minimize the game and do any of loads of things, and every active game or program shows up as a little tab at the bottom of the screen, as well as a clock that displays the date. The bottom of the screen also has permanent tabs for a program I can use to make a screenshot of any area of my screen and instantly upload it to the Internet.

All of my PC games are in a list in a program I can navigate with a controller or mouse. The store is in the same program, but if I feel like I can probably get a better deal, I can tell that store to suck it, and open a different store in this almost magical do-it-all program represented by a fox burning the earth. I can make folders, folders within folders, and arrange them and files visually or in a list, have them auto-arrange by countless criteria I will never care about, and so much more WOW
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:21 AM »
Yeah, my answer is definitely PC, with my phone coming in second. Funny how much better the system UI is on devices where you're going to see the system UI 90% of the time!

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »
The Wii U's one.
AA fanboy and proud!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 11:34:33 PM »
The 3DS one is my favorite now because there's a Genesis theme that says Sega every time you open a game.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 10:20:01 PM »
The 3DS one is my favorite, if only for the customizable menu. I've settled on the classic blue scheme for now, since I can't decide which other ones to get at the moment (and also because the SMB3 Hammer Bros theme is tied to.. a Goomba..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
To be honest, the PS2. It was good to have everything I'd need to use in one little browser thing, even if you couldn't use the control stick.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print