Print

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console to launch with Super Mario Land  (Read 8206 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
The Game Boy classic Super Mario Land will be available for download when Nintendo of America opens the Nintendo eShop on Monday evening, June 6. Nintendo 3DS users will first have to download a free system update to access the digital store.

Alleyway, which features a spaceship-paddle piloted by Mario, is set for a June 6th release as well.

Super Mario Land and Nintendo eShop will also launch together on June 7 in Europe, Australia, and Japan.

Links:
NOA press release
NOE news
Nintendo Australia news
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:26:01 PM by Deezer »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
Free Excitebike for everyone? Wasn't there a rumor site or something that predicted that? Or did we already know that?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
Yep. Free ExciteBike for everyone. Well, everyone who hast a 3DS. But I think I heard that it might only be free for the first m0onth, not sure if that was just a rumor orhas been confirmed.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
Only free until July 7.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
Accompanying the system update available on June 6, it has been confirmed that under certain circumstances when making a selection before the race starts in "Grand Prix" in "Single Play" mode of the Ridge Racer 3D game, the screen sometimes freezes. If you do not install the system update at this time, the symptom will not occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We will have a system update in mid-June that should take care of this matter.

In Ridge Racer 3D, pressing the B Button to return from Race Selection or Machine Selection may cause the screen to freeze. If the screen does freeze, please press and hold the Power button and turn the system off then retry. There should be no impact to the save data.

Nintendo

LOL WTD?

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:22:56 AM »
ProTip: Hold START or SELECT when selecting a Game Boy title to play it in its native resolution. This also lets you play on a 3D Game Boy. Even better, to turn the screen sickly green, hold L+R and press Y.

I got killed by a Goombo because the screen was so small, blurry, and green and I couldn't see what the heck was going on. LEGIT

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:02:27 AM »
Whoa, what?  You can actually turn the screen Game Boy!green?  That's awesome!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:13:44 AM »
That is awesome!!!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »
ProTip: Hold START or SELECT when selecting a Game Boy title to play it in its native resolution.
You need only hold Select. Source: http://codebook.potchgult.com/3DS%20SYSTEM%20%283ds%29.html

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »
ProTip: Don't try to reply on a message board when there's a four-year-old with no attention span in the same room.

So if Start also works by itself, someone should tell David.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 05:59:44 PM »
,,, there's a four-year-old with no attention span in the same room.
Good, I'm not the only one going through this. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
Deezer should never use the computer then. :p

I know that feeling. My two year old daughter is hard to keep up with, though lately she will sit (or stand, rather) and watch whatever movie we happen to put in for her.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print