Print

Author Topic: Everything Wrong With the Super Mario Bros. Movie  (Read 15104 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:20:23 PM »

"No movie is without sin," is the motto of CinemaSins. And the time has come for Super Mario Bros. to pay for its crimes. Or, at least... be scathingly criticized for them, step-by-step, in a video one-fifth as long as the movie itself.

Everything Wrong With Super Mario Bros. In 21 Minutes Or Less

Justice is served!

If you haven't got 20 minutes to spare, perhaps the also recently-released <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsGkMSY_[bundle of sticks]">Honest Trailer for the film[/url] by Screen Junkies will hold you over.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:17:24 AM by Deezer »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:11:40 AM »
I enjoyed it, but I was able to endure the entire movie length of the Rifftrax, which was awesome, as movie criticisms/jokes go.
I'm a horrible person.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 06:40:12 PM »
Are you sure a thread can capture the topic? It seems like it would require several volumes.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »
I think it would take roughly 104 minutes to see everything wrong with the movie.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:51:31 PM »
I think the at least three points in the video, where the narrator responds to a scene with something to the effect of "God, this movie" instead of actually explaining why the scene is stupid, say it. The number at the end isn't important, and actually really very good movies get the Sins treatment, but even the bad ones usually don't get dinged three times for being dumb beyond words.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »
I think it would take roughly 104 minutes to see everything wrong with the movie.

Winning.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:20 PM »
That hook thing always stood out to me as an incredibly stupid thing -- how did Luigi land on the hook, why did he pretend like he was flying and repeatedly tell Mario to jump, how did Mario not see the hook from where he was standing (it only actually looks like flying from the angle the camera's at), and what the hell was the point of the sequence anyway?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 03:06:24 PM »
I just realized he completely missed Mario's "There are no brakes!" line at the end of the car chase, when just a few shots ago we clearly saw the car breaking. It's also really obvious that that line was added in post.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 06:37:55 PM »
.. what the hell was the point of the sequence anyway?

They had to get out of the elevator shaft somehow, and also Daisy had catch them on camera at some point.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »
Maybe we'll get a new movie with less wrong with it:  http://fortune.com/2015/08/21/nintendo-movie-partnerships/
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
I swear they announced the same thing back when I was in middle school and nothing came of it, but of course, these decisions do ping-pong around... frankly, imagining a better Mario movie is practically a small hobby for me at times, so here's hoping they could right this wrong eventually.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Didn't the Sony leaks reveal they were talking about a Super Smash Bros. movie?

I didn't put much stock in movie news because it usually falls through at one stage or another.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
I didn't put much stock in movie news because it usually falls through at one stage or another.
it usually falls through at one stage or another.
at one stage or another.
stage
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
What are you, some kind of weirdo Sonic fan? We call them LEVELS around here, son.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »
What are you, some kind of weirdo Sonic fan? We call them LEVELS around here, son.

*WORLDS

Print