Print

Author Topic: New WTMK Playlist Up  (Read 5369 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
WTMK is now broadcasting music from NES Open Tournament Golf and a better assortment of music from Mario Kart DS... plus all the hits you know and love!
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
Nifty. Say, I recently heard the 600 A.D. overworld theme from Chrono Trigger on WTMK. I'm not complaining, but was it for any particular reason?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
Because that song is awesome.  Is any other reason needed? 

I actually wouldn't mind WTMK expanding its play lists into game music in general rather than Mario, unlikely as it may be.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »
A second "channel" devoted to all game music, perhaps? I'd tap that listen to it. Of course, other gaming websites with more of a general focus probably already have something like that. If anything, I'd appreciate a stream broadcasting only unofficial tribute versions of Mario and/or Nintendo classics.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »
I have tons of suggestions for songs on a seperate videogame music channel.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
Nifty. Say, I recently heard the 600 A.D. overworld theme from Chrono Trigger on WTMK. I'm not complaining, but was it for any particular reason?

I can't imagine why it would have been -- do you remember the track name or anything like that?

There are a few medley tracks, which often mix Mario tunes with those from other games, but it's always possible something went wrong on the server...

Edit: You probably heard "Beware the Outer Wall Windmill's Z Blocks (circa 600 A.D.)" - it's a remix medley track with music from Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, and a few other games, and it's from the March 2010 Dwelling of the Duels competition.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:48:32 PM by DavidDayton »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 01:38:13 PM »
You probably heard "Beware the Outer Wall Windmill's Z Blocks (circa 600 A.D.)"

Yep, that's it. I only heard the tail end of the medley, explaining the confusion.

Print