Print

Author Topic: Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 Friend Codes  (Read 16483 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: September 27, 2006, 09:56:57 PM »
Post them here.

Mine:

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:41:49 AM »

http://www.nintendowifi.com/global/searchArticles.do?article_id=167

Nintendo's friend code:
Click the Nintendo logo under "WFC FRIENDS" and select "SYNC".  Then use "RECEIVE" as usual and click the Nintendo logo once connected.  For more details see http://www.nintendowifi.com/global/searchArticles.do?article_id=167

Nintendo's levels: (New level added every week.)
WiFiKong

Wow!  I knew the Nintendo logo was clickable, but for some reason it never dawned on me that I could download levels from Nintendo with it. Very cool. Now if Nintendo WiFi would stop having connection errors for me.

If you don't have a friend code you can make your own levels and upload images from:
- Mushroom Mayhem:  http://kontek.net/Luigison/MvDK2images/drag.htm
- Tropical Island:  http://kontek.net/Luigison/MvDK2images/drag2.htm
More coming soon. 

Luigisan's friend code (Spelled Luigison here.)

Luigisan's synchronized levels:
Luigi
SMB 1-1
SMB flag
SMB 2-1
SMB Bwsr
SMBBwsr6
M. Bros.
DK down

The Luigi level is just his upper body from the SMB sprite, the SMBBwser6 is the same as SMB Bwsr, but made from the first special kit and has a secret character in it six times, and DK down is similar to DK arcade, but with Donkey Kong having to get to the bottom. The other names are probably self explanatory.

On my DS I have 8 levels and can't make any more without deleting something. How many can I keep online? Will syncing some or all of the levels automatically delete the online levels I don't sync?

David TMK's friend code

David's synchronized levels:
Bound Hi
DK
Automata
Simple
Buttons
Toad Day
Jump,Man
Royalty

David's DK level was pretty cool.  Jumping and getting hammers is a pain though.  Since he posted it on #tmk, I don't think he'll mind his code here.  Of couse he'd have to have your code too if you wanted to see each others levels. 

MEGAßYTE's friend code  (Spelled MEGAߥTE here.)

MEGAßYTE's synchronized levels:
"THIS FRIEND DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY LEVELS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.  PLEASE HAVE YOUR FRIEND VERIFY YOUR FRIEND CODE AND SYNCHRONIZE THEIR LEVELS.  THEN TRY AGAIN LATER."

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:45:43 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 09:39:32 PM »
Sorry to not post a friend code, but I would just like to say that this looks slightly familiar..

Weren't they planning on a level maker being in the first Mario VS DK game (on GBA), only they scrapped it due to time constraints (or that's what I heard, anyway)?

Good to see the level creator is back! I have another reason to get this game now. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 10:53:46 PM »
Donkey Kong + was supposed to have a level creator on GameCube which could send levels to the GBA.  Too bad it was canned... maybe we'll see something for Wii/DS.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »
I have a question about the level editor, do you need to be on the Wi-Fi to make levels? Or can you just have them on your own DS?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 09:08:48 PM »
Wi-Fi isn't required for level editing.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:14:19 PM »
Okay! *throws away brand new WFC connector*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 05:13:10 AM »
Well, that's silly. You'l need it to upload the levels.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »
And to download Nintendo's and/or your friends' levels.  If/when you get a friend code let me know and I'll add you so you can try my levels too.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 09:03:24 AM »
You can share levels offline as well... you just need to be in their proximity.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 05:47:47 PM »
Ok, here is my friend code, and levels that I have created..

FC- 4596
    0704 (please add me. ^_^)

My levels- Level 1 (a simiple level)
           Level 2 (a more complex level)

Edit: I found an answer to your question, Luigison, sort of.. Recieved levels are stored in a different place than the ones that you have created. As for them being deleted when someone recieves them, I don't think they would be, otherwise Nintendo would have to reboot their system every single time someone downloads one of their levels (and that would be alot).

Edit2: If you could share where you found the images, I might be able to create an image that shows what is in each construction set. I've got the game right here, so it is just a simple matter of opening each consrtuction set. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 06:40:37 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 08:30:41 PM »
FC- 4596
    0704 (please add me. ^_^)
I added and synced you.

My levels- Level 1 (a simiple level)
           Level 2 (a more complex level)
Thanks for the detailed description of your levels.  Level 2 was pretty good, but the magnetic walls were useless. 

Edit: I found an answer to your question, Luigison, sort of.. Recieved levels are stored in a different place than the ones that you have created. As for them being deleted when someone recieves them, I don't think they would be, otherwise Nintendo would have to reboot their system every single time someone downloads one of their levels (and that would be alot).
No, no, and no.  That's not what I asked.  I know they are in different places.  I know they won't be deleted when someone downloads them.  Why would they have to reboot? 

What I wanted to know was how many levels I could keep on Nintendo's server.  Say I create and upload eight levels.  Then there would obviously be eight levels on their server, but if I delete those from my DS and create eight more that I also upload would I then have sixteen levels online or would they delete the other eight.  What if I add levels one at a time without syncing all eight at once?  They wouldn't know which ones to delete if the limit was eight.  I created a few "test" levels I want deleted, but don't know if I can, how to, or if they've already been deleted when I synced eight different ones.  How many can be online anyway?

Edit2: If you could share where you found the images, I might be able to create an image that shows what is in each construction set. I've got the game right here, so it is just a simple matter of opening each consrtuction set. :)
Google.  Isn't that were anything can be found.  I have the game so I can and have checked the sets myself.  It's a matter of having good images or the sprites themselves and the time to cut, edit, and upload them.  Thanks though.

When you download my levels please make note of the names of the levels (and how many) are available.  I want to figure out if any were deleted or not.

Edit:  You should have called "Level 3" WarpPipe or something.  It has some useless conveyor belts and a shyguy.  Let me know when you have nontest level up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 08:38:27 PM by Luigison »

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 09:06:07 PM »
Level 2 was pretty good, but the magnetic walls were useless. 

You should have called "Level 3" WarpPipe or something.  It has some useless conveyor belts and a shyguy.  Let me know when you have nontest level up.

None of those were test levels.. I guess I should have added the stories that I made up with them when I made the levels..

Level 1- no story, really. Just my first attempt at creating a level. I thought it was kind of fun.

Level 2- MiniDK's are invading Peach's Castle, and have captured at least two of the MiniPeach's. The two that have been captured aren't being guraded very well, and have decided to find a way out. They find a door near the magent areas of the factory (hence the useless magnet panels near the end).

Level 3- Toad is lost in the pipe maze.. ok, no real story here, either. The shyguy and the conveyor belts are just there becuase I felt like there was too much open space.

I might make updated versions of those levels eventually.. :)

When you download my levels please make note of the names of the levels (and how many) are available.  I want to figure out if any were deleted or not.

I don't know what you mean by how many are available. I've downloaded Nintendo's level for this week twice (by accident), and it was the same version of the level both times, saved to a different slot.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 09:18:30 PM »
Odd.. I've erased the useless belts and Shyguy in my Level 3, and now it won't let me Sync it so people can recieve it.

On a side note: I recived all your levels. Good fun! :)

Edit: Ok, it seems you have to have play tested all of your levels at least once before you can Sync them. If you would download my Level 3 again, you will find no useless belts or guys. :)

Good night!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:23:16 PM by Toad »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 09:54:42 PM »
Were there only 8 levels downloadable from me?  Did any of them have the word "test" in them?  Or, were they all the ones I mentioned above?

Edit:  I did a fairly large update to http://kontek.net/Luigison/MvDK2images/drag.htm  The number of sprites there is the number allowed in the game.  It's interesting that they allow up to 255 total platforms, but only 12 total springs.

Edit2:  The MUSHROOM MAYHEM Level Map Creation Tool is now complete:  http://kontek.net/Luigison/MvDK2images/drag.htm
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:06:28 AM by Luigison »

Print