Print

Author Topic: Make your own MARIO Power-Up  (Read 24533 times)

« on: November 20, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »
hey everyone! I'm just guessing on what type of power-ups could you think of for Mario that hasnt been made by Nintendo........(yet).....Like Boo Mario. He's already taken....
I'm thinkin....Spike Mario?......*sigh*

Just post a power up you think should be in the mario series

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »
Red text Mario, he'd make all the text RED.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »
Well, Wario's usually been the one with weird powers, but I'd put my money on some kind of Electric Mario...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »
Two words: Karate Mario.  He would change his clothes into a karate uniform and start chopping everyone up.

Or you could make Moderator Mario where he would turn into an elf and start merging the enemies words and deleting all of the profanity!
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »
Hmmm well its hard to diciced since Wario has all the ubsured powers. How about gangsta Mario like on youtube lol naw just kiding.

How about super speed Mario? He would go really fast for certain puzzles in the game. That one seemed to uncreative but hey what can i say im a uncreative guy. Ill try thinking of a diffrent power later.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »
Two words: Karate Mario.  He would change his clothes into a karate uniform and start chopping everyone up.
If you haven't watched the Super Mario Bros. Super Show episode where Mario becomes a giant ninja, do so now.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:14:09 AM »
Civilian suit. It'd turn Mario into a harmless-looking old man so no one would kill him. Like in The Odyssey.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 07:56:01 AM »
Dark matter Mario. Anything he touches dematerializes, and he can throw dark matter balls. The power-up could be a purple/black mushroom with the dark matter animation.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 01:35:14 PM »
Glow Mushroom: Glow-in-the-Dark Mario.  Mario's body lights a path in pitch black environments.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 01:45:08 PM »
I had an idea about a Koopa Suit. Not Shell Mario, but a full Koopa Suit. Basically, Mario looks like a Koopa, and there is a visible zipper on the suit. No enemies will attack him.

That or a new Sneaky Parasol.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 08:25:38 PM »
How about a Ultimate Mario, you would have all of the power ups combined, but you can cycle through all of them. Plus it lasts for the whole level!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 08:46:21 PM »
Telekinetic Mario. Make goombas blow up with the flick of a finger.

Playable Shadow Mario would rock.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 09:54:12 AM »
Better yet, Super Scope Mario. Mario has a Super Scope strapped around him and can charge it like in SSBM. It wears off when you run out of ammo.

How about Freezeflame (lol) Mario? Basically he is made of red ice and has flames coming from his hands. He can skate and walk on water like Ice Mario, but can also throw fireballs.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 10:31:02 AM »
Ice Flower-
If this were brought to a 2D Mario game, it should enable Mario to freeze coins and enemies by throwing ice balls at them. He could also walk on water by touching it to make it freeze.

Boomerang Suit-
Not the Boomerang item from Super Mario Advance 4 -e, but an actual suit like the Hammer Bros. Suit. Mario can throw up to two Boomerangs at a time. They cut right through enemies and walls and always return to Mario.

Bunny Suit-
A full body suit version of the bunny ears from SML2, sorta like how the Tanooki Suit was a full body version of the Raccoon Tail. This suit has all the same floaty jump properties of the bunny ears, but also enables Mario to do a super-high jump by pressing Up + B and accelerate much faster.

Bob-Omb Suit-
Based on Bomb Mario from the SML2 file select, this suit turns Mario into a Bob-Omb. He can't do much in this form besides walk and jump, and he can't even jump that high. He can, however, detonate himself whenever and wherever he wants by pressing Down + B. This is only good for one use though, as blowing up makes the suit disappear, even though it causes no damage.

Mouser Suit-
Makes Mario look like Mouser from SMB2. This suit gives Mario an unlimited supply of bombs to throw at enemies. They're thrown the same way as in SMB2.

Doctor Suit-
Turns Mario into Dr. Mario. This enables him to throw Megavitamins at enemies. The Megavitamins have an even broader bouncing arc than fire/ice balls, and randomly have the effects of either of them. Some times they'll do as much damage as hammers/boomerangs.

Magic Wand-
Gives Mario a magic wand like th Koopalings or a Magikoopa. This enables Mario to shoot bursts of magic (those colored shapes) across the screen. The bursts of magic can turn enemies into blocks, coins or other items and vice-versa. You'll never know what you'll get with this power-up.

Power Sneakers-
These are actually Sonic's shoes. Using them will allow Mario to accelerate without holding the B button, as well as do a Spinball jump and Spinball attack by pressing down while running. Crouch and press B or A to rev up a Spin Dash!

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
F.L.U.D.D. Gun- A gun with a blue handle and F.L.U.D.D.'s head. It can shoot water. It lasts until Mario gets hit, and Mario has to refill it every 20 shots. If there is ever a new 3D Mario game, they should make one or two stages with this item.

Whirlwind- When Mario jumps on a red whirlwind, he becomes Whirlwind Mario. He moves a bit faster, has trouble stopping, and can spin switches, enemies, and NPCs. Mario's feet act as a drill, too. It lasts for about 30 seconds, and when you are done, the controls are briefly reversed (because Mario is dizzy)

Ultra Mario- Mario has a glowing red aura and yellow glowing shoes. He moves at Super Speed, cannot die (if he falls off a ledge, he will fly back up automatically), can fly like Red Star/Flying Mario, can throw balls of light at enemies, and has the ability to explode and deactivate the power-up. This lasts until Mario is hit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:05:38 PM by Corleone »
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 08:45:56 AM »
Shadow Mario: It comes out as a black cloak with white eyes on it for some reason, and when mario wears it he's all black with white eyes, (that's the reason for the white eyes) and when you press down B he temporarily turns into a shadow on the ground and you can still control him, but in about 10 seconds he turns back.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
I have an idea for a Yoshi Suit. Here are two designs I made:

First one is doody, but I like the second one. I guess it lets Mario flutter jump like Yoshi and speak the Yoshi's language (like in Super Mario Adventures where they just say Yoshi). Also, he runs faster. For the power-up:

Yoshi's head or the Yoshi Mushroom! I prefer the mushroom (duh).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:47:45 PM by Corleone »
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »
I was thinking of Corleone's Ultra Mario but it makes you invincible for 15 seconds as well like a starman.
Here we go!

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Whee! I made an unfinished Yoshi Suit sprite sheet. Please credit where and when used if you use them.

Anyway, I think the Yoshi Suit could really work out. By the way, Sprite 1 is standing, 2 and 3 are running, 4 is jumping, and 5, 6, and 7 are flutter kicking.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:44:57 PM by Corleone »
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 06:09:46 PM »
bomb mario-turns mario into a ball that can charge to break walls, go of ramps, and bounce to higher heights than mario could jump.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »
Corleone your Yoshi suit makes it look like Mario killed a Yoshi and went into his body. I like your idea and sprite sheet looks great so far. But it just weirds me out when I look at it O_o
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »
How would red text mario help him?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:36:28 PM by libra346 »
Anything you can do I can do better.

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 02:38:29 PM »
water mario. he could stun fire enemies by touching them or throw balls of water from afar to kill them

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 06:51:03 PM »
DK Mario. He gets a full body DK suit and can punch,use drums,and swing off things like DK

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
Playing as Yoshi > wearing Yoshi.
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 06:32:43 PM »
SWORD MARIO!

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
Spam Mario! The power-up is a silver starman. Once you get it, you enter the level "Fungi Forums" and spam under the alias "silverstarman".
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

silverstarman

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
Haha, wow you're funny. I entirely forgot to laugh!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
Better yet:
Spam Mario! The power-up is a can of spam. Once you get it, Mario's overalls turn pink, and you can fling slices of spam at enemies!
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

silverstarman

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 08:58:15 PM »
Lol.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 07:23:27 AM »
bomb mario-turns mario into a ball that can charge to break walls, go of ramps, and bounce to higher heights than mario could jump.
like Samus´s morph ball?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 12:58:49 AM »
Haha, wow you're funny. I entirely forgot to laugh!
Right.

Well Mario needs a pirate suit. He'd grab a doubloon or something and get an eyepatch, a ship, a cool hat, a sword and more. Luigi could be first mate. In this form, Mario
  • Can't die
  • Is cooler than ninjas
Sounds foolproof.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 07:31:59 AM »

Nothing's cooler than a ninja pirate.  XD
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »
There isn't such a thing as a ninja pirate. Just wishy-washy types who can't choose a side.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 09:03:49 PM »
You've never played Final Fantasy V, I see.
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 05:09:56 PM »
The Bunny Suit! Like, a combination of the Frog Suit and the Bunny Ears (from SMB3 and SML2 respectively). Unlike the Frog Suit, it wears off when you touch water or take damage.

What it does: Jump higher, hold A to hop, can go through narrow passages.

^ Do not steal
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 05:11:32 PM by Corleone »
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »
Old Mario - Allows you to walk slower, avoiding certain enemies! You can also whack enemies with a star rod, like the one Kamella has, but smaller. Side effects are Alchzemers , which makes it so that you forget what level you were just in, and it wears of after you beat a level.

Spin Mario - Pressing A allows you to do a spin jump. This is a really high jump, and it has pretty nice air time. Also, if you hold B while running, it allows you to spin really quick and go into any enemies.

Birdo Mario - Turns Mario pink and allows him to shoot eggs.

Inferno Mario - Turns Mario into full lava. He can throw giant Fire Balls.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
Kirby Mario: Lets you copy an enemies power. Doesn't work on bosses.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 05:52:36 PM »
But we've had power-ups that let Mario throw fire, throw hammers, fly, get into a shell and spin at things, he can already walk, he's turned invisible, walked through walls, walked underwater... most enemies' powers have already been covered.
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »

^ Do not steal
ARG. Why did you post that if you didn't want people to steal it? Now I'm just a bit more miserable.

P.S. Did you make that? If not, who did?
"it's always the present"

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 07:17:48 PM »
Surf Mario: Mario gets a surfboard (out of nowhere) and makes waves appear and crashes (and kills the enemy that it hits), also he can surf around the level (which makes you go faster and turn out all fire that Mario touches while surfing)

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 09:13:10 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:34:06 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:33:18 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »
If not, who did?
Yes, I made that.

Luario! A combination of Luigi's jump and speed with Mario's stopping power and maneuvering abilities.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »
Mario & Luigi: Fuuuu sion! HA!
Luario: I'm-a nither Mario or a-Luigi, I'm-the one who'll defeat you a-Bowser!

Seriously, Luario? Sounds like a pokemon. How about a Sonic power-up? Think about it. Having super speed, an ability to ruin a franchise, make terrible sequels, and be super coooool.
Wait... on second thought, forget I said anything.
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
Yoshi Mario. Mario uses a yoshi egg, and he gets a long toung.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 03:24:35 PM »
Couldn't he just ride Yoshi instead?

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 03:12:15 PM »
It's a bump but whatever. There's no rule against necro-posting and I have an idea.

Lumberjack Mario

Item:An axe.

Power:Mario can swing an axe to attack enemies and while running he starts swinging it uncontrollably and knocks out any enemies in his path. While in the air it functions as the same as a Boomerang Bro.'s Boomerang.

Monkey Mario

Item:A monkey suit that looks like DK

Power:Mario can freely climb trees and attack like in a Raccoon Suit.

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
Acid Mario:

Item:  A wilted, green flower

Effect:  Mario will have paler skin with red and black clothing, he will throw acid balls that eats up enemies and blocks, but beware, it could eat up items. 
Victory... is my destiny!

Print