Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55686 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2011, 05:11:13 AM »
JACKPOT
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2011, 08:36:08 AM »
The first thing that springs to mind for the super leaf is that it'll work like the feather in Super Mario Kart.  Which would be awesome.

It's unlikely since the two games were in development at the same time, but I hope MK7 is stuffed full of references/courses based on/pulled from Super Mario 3D Land.  One thing I really love about Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 is how they really seem to be companion games to Super Mario World and Super Mario 64, respectively.  Visual design is similar, and a bunch of the courses are directly based on locations from the games.  Double Dash did a really good job of matching up with Sunshine, too, now that I think about it.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2011, 11:45:49 PM »
There wouldn't really be any reason why not? MKDS had Tick Tock Clock and Peach Gardens as nods to SM64DS, so it's hardly out of the realm of possibility. MKSC didn't really have much of a connection to the SMA series, then again that was a bit of an odd game in a lot of ways...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »
There was a lot of cool stuff in Super Circuit. I wish I was better at the controls.

Or maybe the controls should be better at me.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
In Soviet Russia...

« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »
In Soviet Russia, Super Curcuit is best Mario Kart game!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »
Super Circuit had some pretty innovative Red Shells. If you set one down behind you instead of throwing it, it would sit there and wait for the next person to pass that area, and then pursue them.

I want more Red Shells like those, and more twists in the item lineup.. The Super Leaf and the 7 are a good start. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
In Soviet Russia, Super Curcuit is best Mario Kart game!

I don't understand why people think it's a bad Mario Kart game. And despite it not having any "connections" to any Mario game it still had probably the most creative tracks of any MK game.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
Super Circuit may as well have been the best one. For the red shell trap.

I think it had more connections to the main series than 64 did, too, if you really think about it. Count them. MK64 was really out-there and strange...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2011, 08:03:31 AM »
It could strictly be nostalgia talking, but I LOVED the weirdness of MK64, great tracks, incredible music.  People don't like Super Circuit?  Sky Garden, Cheese Land and Rainbow Road were AMAZING, and I'm always sad when those aren't included as retro tracks.  Super Circuit actually does have at least one connection to... Paper Mario of all games!  Bowser's flying keep is in the background of Rainbow Road, floating awesomely.  I might have to pop this into my GBPlayer after work tonight...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:07:32 AM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
The only reason I've never really felt like picking up Super Circuit is because I never cared too much for the controls of the SNES version, and I assume they're fairly similar.  That being said, the courses look really well-designed (though I'd say they're every bit as "weird" as 64's, which isn't really a bad thing at all in either case), and having never heard of the red shell trap, that sounds really sweet.

Mario Kart 7 could really stand to have one cup for each of the previous installments of the series, but my guess is that it may forgo SNES and GBA entirely.  I'm upset that neither Vanilla Lake from the former ever made it into a retro cup, but I did love most of the courses that were brought back, especially in MKDS.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »
The tracks in Super Circuit have the same "flat" feel as the ones in Super Mario Kart.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »
Sky Garden, Cheese Land and Rainbow Road were AMAZING, and I'm always sad when those aren't included as retro tracks.

As a secret ninth cup, they could do a lot worse than to introduce a cup comprised solely of old Rainbow Roads.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »
Question is would they start you off on the balls-hard SNES one and go in order or save it for the finale
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
As a secret ninth cup, they could do a lot worse than to introduce a cup comprised solely of old Rainbow Roads.
Rainbow Cup:
N64 Rainbow Road
GBA Rainbow Road
SNES Rainbow Road
3DS Rainbow Road

Print