Print

Author Topic: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard  (Read 6091 times)

« on: June 12, 2007, 06:51:56 AM »
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

dhjgfhsgdhfs it looks and sounds awesome.
New GUI and all that.

Also, check out the Safari 3.0 public beta, it is the world's fastest Web browser and now also available on Windows.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:36:37 AM »
I don't get it... do we... discuss it?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 07:40:45 AM »
I think so, though I'm not going to.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:08:23 AM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:18:48 AM »
Gibberish internet-speak. Used in some places as an expression of excitement/surprise.

Anyways... I might actually try out that browser...
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 10:17:31 AM »
It's an incomprehensible expression only used by Mac users.
Also, I'm a little disturbed by Raccoon Sam's sudden Apple Zealot behavior, what with his increasing italic font size trying to rub something in people's faces. Boy, half a second less of rendering time really makes me want to change browsers. o_O
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »
I tried Safari.  It leaks memory like crazy, using hundreds of megs of RAM after only viewing a few pages.  Also, it uses that ugly chrome theme and you can't change it.  Also, Opera is faster, more customizable, has more features, and is smaller than Safari.  And I'd still rather sacrifice a bit of speed with Firefox due to its wider support and extensions capability.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »
It's an incomprehensible expression only used by Mac users.
Excuse me..? I use it to express interest and joy, but it has nothing to do with being a Mac user.

Also, I'm a little disturbed by Raccoon Sam's sudden Apple Zealot behavior, what with his increasing italic font size trying to rub something in people's faces. Boy, half a second less of rendering time really makes me want to change browsers. o_O
By any means, I don't want to force anyone to change Browser. It's just that because I'm a Mac user you think that I'm just like the majority of other "Mac Zealots", which I definitely am not. Don't jump into conclusions just because I am a Mac user. Nonetheless, the italic text was more of a mention to encourage people to try it instead of saying "meh firefox is better". Maybe it is, but I just wanted to note that people should at least try it out.
Please Chupperson, stop calling me an "Apple Zealot". It's disturbing and I do not like it.

I tried Safari.  It leaks memory like crazy, using hundreds of megs of RAM after only viewing a few pages.  Also, it uses that ugly chrome theme and you can't change it.  Also, Opera is faster, more customizable, has more features, and is smaller than Safari.  And I'd still rather sacrifice a bit of speed with Firefox due to its wider support and extensions capability.
This is an understanable argument. The speed maybe depends on your settings though, I don't know... It works faster than Opera for me. I think it depends, but then again I'm no expert.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »
As I thought I indicated in my post, you suddenly started doing that in your previous post. You usually don't.
To actually say something about this discussion, I've used Safari on Macs and not liked it very much.

P.S. My comment about dhjgfhsgdhfs was a joke.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:20:04 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »
I think Safari might be faster on Mac than Opera, but Opera is faster on Windows.  In any case, they're both so fast, the difference is negligible.  It will be interesting to see how Safari turns out when the final version is released.  No ad blocker is a deal breaker.

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:29:42 AM »
I think Safari might be faster on Mac than Opera, but Opera is faster on Windows.  In any case, they're both so fast, the difference is negligible.  It will be interesting to see how Safari turns out when the final version is released.  No ad blocker is a deal breaker.
There wasn't an ad blocker? D:
Ouch.. That's bad.
Nonetheless, back to the subject of the whole Operating System, not just Safari.
What do you think about Cover Flow? Seems a bit too fancy for me, but it's good I guess.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
I for one can't keep up with all the names they give their new graphical trickery concepts, so I have no idea what Cover Flow is.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
Here you go.
It's for browsing stuff.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »
Oh, Linux has had that for years...

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
Yep. Makes me wonder why they didn't implement that in older versions, it being so simple thing..
The 3D thing is pretty useless but hey, visual appeal.

Print