Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55729 times)

« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2011, 07:52:17 PM »
Yes it is. I don't hate Big Donut, but Double Decker would have been my next choice. Skyscraper was ok, but it was in MKW.
Double Decker would be so fun in online mode if prople went AFK (AF3DS?) a lot, espically if they kept the starclip glitch.

« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM9hmkxTsU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM9hmkxTsU</a>

@0:50 - Ye-e-e-e-es.  Going off of a Japanese MKW video, those stats are Speed, Acceleration, Weight, Handling, and maybe Drift.  Not sure about the fifth, as it doesn't match up to anything in MKW, but it seems like Drift would be the natural one to fill in the blank.  Then again, from the Luigi's Mansion clip, it seems like it might have to do with Off-Road as well.  At any rate, I love the looks of the customization ability here.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
The fifth stat is "off-road."

« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
Mario and Luigi brought their karts to the LA Auto Show!  You can win 'em!  http://shigeruslist.com/2011/11/17/mario-and-luigi-crash-the-la-auto-show/
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2011, 12:05:13 AM »
Nintendo is giving away the karts to two lucky GameStop customers

giving away the karts to two lucky GameStop customers

two lucky GameStop customers

GameStop customers

>:|
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:34 PM »
Hahaha, yeah that aspect of the contest is... less than ideal.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2011, 06:13:55 PM »
There's no such thing as a "lucky Gamestop customer".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2011, 07:21:56 PM »
There's no such thing as a "lucky Gamestop customer".
Do you know how much GameStop has contributed to my love of gaming? I got Lego Star Wars II there, which was the sequel to pretty much my first video game. I got Space Invaders Extreme for 19.99. We once bought a extra mic for Beatles Rockband and it didn't work! My dad returned it and they took it back and let him get a new one. Our GameCube? Fail, trade! All I'm saying is that GameStop does not have as bad of service as you might think.

« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2011, 07:51:41 PM »
Mario and Luigi brought their karts to the LA Auto Show!  You can win 'em!  http://shigeruslist.com/2011/11/17/mario-and-luigi-crash-the-la-auto-show/

That has to be one of the sickest things I've seen in my life (relating to Mario). Screw a car, I'd drive this everywhere.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
Too bad they can't actually be driven.

« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2011, 11:22:32 PM »
GameStop does not have as bad of service as you might think.

The GameStop workers I've dealt with have genrally been ok, but it's pretty bad when I pay $50 for a game that should've had a discount. I traded in a DS game for credit toward my purchase, but somehow still ended up paying more than I would have if I'd bought it at Walmart with my discount.

I haven't been back since.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
Too bad they can't actually be driven.
UPDATE 11/18
Jalopnik initially misreported one vital fact: the karts do drive! This promotion went from pretty neat to crazy awesome.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2011, 08:41:50 PM »
!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
(Reads post)

Must! Have! Karts! So awesome! I wounder if I will ever see any of these vehicals on the road.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
Anybody pick this up?  Anybody playing? 

I just got it for Christmas and I am in love.  Nostalgia notwithstanding, I think this is my favorite entry in the series.  The balance of power-sliding, coin-collecting, jump-boosting and hang-gliding makes for some extremely satisfying kart driving.  They dialed back the items just enough to keep them from becoming spammy bull[dukar], but they're present enough to keep each race interesting and keep every driver on his or her toes. 
Haters gonna hate

Print