Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 55766 times)

« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1mZ49oAIdo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1mZ49oAIdo</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-vJQrtrBU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-vJQrtrBU</a>

Videos of the first cup of new courses (mushroom cup) and first cup of retro courses (shell cup).
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
Great videos!  This game looks nice in stills, but so much better in motion.  I found MKWii and to a lesser extent Double Dash kind of washed out and gaudy colors-wise, and this looks a lot nicer... a little more like MKDS and MK64... which I like a lot.  New courses look super fun, and integrating new ideas into old courses looks cool too.  So glad to see tricks in play as well... hopefully they're activated by a button press--waggling the 3DS would probably screw up the 3D effect.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
My guess is you'll have to press one of the D-Pad buttons, like you would when playing Mario Kart Wii with a Gamecube controller. It worked well so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle if that's how they decide the make the 3DS control scheme.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.

« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »
Good call on d-pad tricks, I can definitely see that being the case.

I'm loving the variety of karts, and it looks like the items have FINALLY been scaled back a little bit, which makes sense with the re-introduction of coins increasing your top speed. I am incredibly psyched for this game... if anything will get me to pick up a 3DS before Christmas, it's probably this. Definitely the first time I've been more excited about Mario Kart than a Mario platformer/adventure title. I'd love to see a Diddy Kong Racing-style adventure mode with a hub-world, but I'm sure that's not the case... that'd make the game TOO perfect.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
Good call on d-pad tricks, I can definitely see that being the case.

I'm loving the variety of karts, and it looks like the items have FINALLY been scaled back a little bit, which makes sense with the re-introduction of coins increasing your top speed. I am incredibly psyched for this game... if anything will get me to pick up a 3DS before Christmas, it's probably this. Definitely the first time I've been more excited about Mario Kart than a Mario platformer/adventure title. I'd love to see a Diddy Kong Racing-style adventure mode with a hub-world, but I'm sure that's not the case... that'd make the game TOO perfect.
^ All of this.  I especially like the "Lucky Seven" item idea, though I wonder if you lose your items if they're hit by a shell or such.  The courses look great, both new and retro; the battle ones especially sound a lot better than MKWii's (AGGH Thwomp Desert).  It seems like the roster'll be about as big as MKWii's, so it'll be interesting to see who ends up filling the rest of the spots.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:38 PM »
It should be noted that people who have played demos and done tricks have said that the shoulder buttons activate the tricks.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
Wiggler and Honey Queen announced as playable characters for MK7: http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1211094p1.html?RSSwhen2011-10-30_081300&RSSid=1211094&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fds+%28IGN+DS%29

Wiggler seems like a long time coming... Honey Queen I could see being only playable in this one.  Sort of MK7's Petey Piranha.  Rosalina better be in this.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
Ok, so now that I'm over my initial shock/disgust of the new characters (mostly over Queen Bee and Wiggler),  I have to say those two being drivers are ok. Neither of them are friggin' Petey Pirahna or babies, and these may not be all the drivers.. What about Toadette or Waluigi..?

Miis I am not excited about. Keep that garbage in the background of these games as crowd filler and download play characters, and in games that need filler characters (Wario Ware Smooth Moves is a fine example..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:38 AM »
Yeah I'm not really feeling Honey Queen, BUT she's a non-princess female character, which makes her kind of cool, and she's likely to be a heavy-weight to boot.  So she's not exactly a top pick for me either, but like you said, better than a baby at the very least.  We've definitely seen one of her karts in action in the videos too, and it looks pretty slick. 

Considering that Toadette and Waluigi have been in the Mario Kart series since Double Dash!!, I'd be astonished if they weren't in MK7.  I'm thinking/hoping this game will have a huge roster.  For God's sake, give us playable Kamek already!
Haters gonna hate

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »
Queen Bean should be the next female heavyweight.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »
The Robotic Operating Buddy for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It has only been in 2 Mario spin-offs and I want more.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2011, 11:40:16 PM »
:|

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2011, 12:58:44 AM »
HEY! What a great idea
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2011, 11:27:11 PM »
Well I'm somewhat glad that they're putting in characters we wouldn't expect (though part of that fun is not knowing until you unlock them. Oh well).

And billy chilly, Rosalina has been confirmed: (0:30)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3CVVQkejk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3CVVQkejk</a>

« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
Good lord this game looks ridiculously good.  Thanks for the Rosalina confirmation.  As for unexpected characters remaining hidden, I'm sure we haven't been told ALL the characters that will be available.  I'm hoping for some surprises still.
Haters gonna hate

Print