Print

Author Topic: Yoshi, the gender bender  (Read 34028 times)

« on: May 29, 2000, 12:45:14 PM »
This question has always bothered me. What the heck is Yoshi? I know he's always refered to as a he, but then he goes laying eggs left and right. I know this is a video game, but wouldn't that make Yoshi a she? I always just thought that the eggs in Yoshi's Island were like nothing more than ammo...But what do you think?

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2000, 01:01:38 PM »
Yoshis are a rae of dinosaurs, so either there's both hes and shes, or they reproduce without mating, in which case they would be its.
-Yoshi348
World 1-4 Hotline: "We are glad you called, but our Princess is in another castle. So stop calling us!!!!"

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2000, 03:42:12 PM »
Ah, thanks for clearing that up
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2000, 05:11:41 PM »
I have another theory. Because the baby Yoshis can lay eggs right after they`re born and only after they eat an enemy, I think that all both male and female Yoshis (who have`nt mated) can produce eggs with stronger shells as an ammo. Female Yoshis (who have mated) can also lay eggs, but these eggs have thicker hides and eventually hatch into Yoshis.
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2000, 07:32:30 AM »
My Theory is that Yoshi, THE Yoshi, is a very manly woman, and the other Yoshi's can vary in Gender.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Im gonna kick Bowser's Arse affar.   ~Geno~
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Im gonna kick Bowser's Arse affar.   ~Geno~

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 01:54:04 PM »
I agree with the people who say that Yoshis can be male or female. I also say that generally, Yoshis don't "lay" weapon eggs, they just create them, or turn bad guys into them.

Bah! You Rapscallions!
Bah! You Rapscallions!

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2000, 05:41:29 PM »
I'm not sure what "The Yoshi" is, but I'm guessing females are Yo(She)'s and the males are Yo(He)'s?

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2000, 02:02:32 PM »
Yoshi is definitely a he. Only when when Yoshies mate do they produce eggs with babies inside. Other than that, I think that enemies that are turned into eggs pass thru a special tube leading from Yoshi's digestive system- or something- and into a system that forms a shell around the enemy. You know, like if whatever Yoshi ate was too big or something, that would happen. (Just a thought, though.)

"Racoon Power!"
"Racoon Power!"

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2000, 02:02:42 PM »
Yoshi is definitely a he. Only when when Yoshies mate do they produce eggs with babies inside. Other than that, I think that enemies that are turned into eggs pass thru a special tube leading from Yoshi's digestive system- or something- and into a system that forms a shell around the enemy. You know, like if whatever Yoshi ate was too big or something, that would happen. (Just a thought, though.)

"Racoon Power!"
"Racoon Power!"

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2000, 07:56:42 PM »
He's a cartoon lizard!  You guys shouldn't take this stuff so seriously.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2000, 09:00:01 PM »
This is a Mario message board. We're supposed to take it seriously. :)

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2000, 07:54:02 PM »
It dosen't realy matter what gender Yoshi's are.  Does anybody know the gender of a Pikachu??

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2000, 10:37:02 PM »
dat is comedy!!! i think its a boy cuz in yoshi's story u here its voice and it sounds like a boy to me!! but then again ya never kno..oh great kno i'm gonna be thinking aboot dat forever! ^^; issok though
I'm Lita,I'm drunk and haven't got a clue what I'm doing.Since I'm babbling on I want to say Toad is really annoying!!Purple rules.Okee I'm done bai bai

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2000, 10:48:14 PM »
Well, Lita, it seems to me that THE Yoshi isn't even in Yoshi's Story anyway.

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2000, 06:48:35 AM »
Come on, people! Its a video game! Anything can happen! And besides, hes really cool, and i dont really care if 'its' a guy or a girl.

Hes watching you
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Print