Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team  (Read 6539 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: February 15, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »
Let's talk.

I really like that these guys are Beanish Hoohooligan...

...and these guys are a new enemy. Looking less Sticker Starish.

The graphical style is really interesting. Honestly, I still prefer the pre-PiT look, but this definitely does a good job of continuing on from BIS's style.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:50:25 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
I hope it's good!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
If BP's custom title changes to "Skeptic," I'll giggle every time I see it.

I've yet to play a M&L game that I honestly didn't like. The initial premise sounds really out-there, but it always is nowadays, so worrying about that is kind of silly. I've been waiting for a real dive into 3D environments in this series for a while now, so I'm really glad this is happening. If the game also has more connections to the Beanbean Kingdom and whatnot, I'll love it even more; seriously, that was probably the game with the absolute most unique places. (Not in the sense that the locations were really weird like Bowser's insides, but in that they were themes never tried by anyone before)

Although the graphics make me happy, I feel like I really need to see it on the 3DS to get the full effect. The screenshots/footage seem weird to me for some reason.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
I played most of BIS, hardly remember any of it. I wanted to play it again but cannot make myself put up with being stopped from doing anything over and over again every ten seconds for hours and hours (real hours) to have some NPC explain something to me. I'd love to like it. Playing as Bowser is bomb enough to let me excuse Fawful being an incredibly [dukar]ty villain, with it your job as a good one to put him in his place. I can't say enough nice things about the animation. But the game is just so slow, it's exhausting. Enough that even PiT is more compelling for a replay.

If you think I'm exaggerating, play it again, and tell me you're not fed up with it still feeling like you're still in the hold-your-hand intro level after the first hour and a half. If you still think it's good game design as-is, I am impressed with your patience.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »
I'm disappointed by Luigi's dream-world looking so similar to Bowser's intestines.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Here we have a game that has to do with dreams. How much you wanna bet nothing from Sub-Con will appear?

Either way, that won't affect the quality of the game.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 12:52:43 AM »
A 3D Mario game that actually has brand new, completely different models for the Bros.?  What madness is this?  Seriously, though, I'm really interested to see how the switch to 3D will affect the feel of the game.  In particular, I hope there'll be more open areas than the ones in the trailer in the final product; nothing in the series has matched Superstar Saga's Beanbean Outskirts in both breadth and depth, in my opinion, not even the overworld in BIS.  Interesting that this seems to be such a direct, same-world sequel to BIS, as well; PiT and BIS may have had nods to their predecessors, but no recurring characters that actually played into the plots.

Also, what the Chef said.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:22:41 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
Wow, looks like this game has a really fresh 3D visual style. I how it takes inspiration from the 2D Mario and Luigi games instead of using the tired streamlined models. It really does seem to add a lot to the visuals. I'm hoping to see more changes like this in other games, especially the Wii U.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »
I'm hoping for some of Luigi's Adventure from Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door in this game

I wonder if this game will kind of have a little bit of every M&L game in it, along with some new. One of those screens is just screaming "M&LSS location!!" at me. Like, the first one in CrossEyed's post..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »

This post contained sexually explicit content, apparently.

(Context)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »
I wonder if this means that there's going to be a forced update system like the Wii U used to have.

Print