Print

Author Topic: Lizard Dude LIVE  (Read 61383 times)

« on: December 29, 2002, 10:27:39 PM »
The following story is true. No names have been changed to protect the innocent. Except my name isn't Lizard Dude. But never mind that. On with the show.
  A long, long time ago in a school far, far away:
Christmas time. A time for presents. A time for relatives. A time for the HHS annual Talent Show. The first two were fine. But the talent show was in trouble. You see, for some reason not many people had signed up. With only six acts the executive producer didn't think that it would be worth the time or effort to produce.
  Enter me. Average dude on the street. No, the other street. Normally the talent show is fairly entertaining but I wouldn't really miss it if it were suddenly canceled. But this year, this year was different. I reeeeeeeeaaaaaly wanted to see the talent show this time. Not to go into it much, but my brother had a superb Michael Jackson act that needed to be exibited before the world.
  So...what to do? Well, the more acts the more chance of a non-canceled show so I walked in and signed myself up with no actual plan for an act. Soon after I realized that I needed a talent to be in the talent show - population: 6 + me. After thinking about what I could do for a bit, only three options seemed feasible.
   Option #1: Play bass guitar in some sort of band.
   Option #2: Play accordian and dress like a little Dutch boy and do funny polka/Scandanavian things.
   Option #3: Play something on piano.
  Number 1 would be pretty hard since the show was in two weeks and getting a bunch of people to adequetely learn some song is not my idea of a fun time. Choice 2 was possible, but I didn't have anything really cool to play on accordian so it would maybe go over good with the crowd but it wouldn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling I was looking for.
  Using deductive logic, we're left with option #3. Ah, piano. Facet of my life for eight years. So I have some skill at it by now. It looked like the best choice. Okay, that's settled, but what to play? Hmm, four minute time limit - can't do something classical and long. That would bore the crowd anyway. Hrm, nothing short and uninteresting would do either. I need something that will not neccessarily win over the judges but WILL neccessarily win over the crowd. (That's my performance mentality anyway...) Then, inspiration struck when my thoughts (as they often do) drifted to Mario. Ah Ha! A video game music show! That would be great!
  So the great preparations began. Actually, they weren't so great. I already knew many songs so I basically had to figure out which ones to play and how to fit them together and all that other transitional rot. After a little deliberation, I set the following program:
 1. The Legend of Zelda theme
 2. Super Mario Bros. Underworld theme
 3. Super Mario Bros. Underwater theme
 4. Super Mario Bros. Invincibility theme
 5. Super Mario Bros. 2 Overworld theme

I tried to stick to halfway recognizable songs over songs that I may have liked more and didn't include the SMB Overworld theme because it wasn't in good shape and I didn't have enough time to whip it up. I like to play the exact notes and not just arrangements, which makes SMB Overworld pretty hard since it was written for three sine waves instead of human hands. Oh well. Blame Koji.
  So now the music was settled but further inspiration hit me. Why not dress in a Mario costume? That would be cool! One pair of $30 overalls, mom's red shirt, brown boots, red hat with circled "M", and giant black mustache later, I WAS Mario. Bring on the Goombas.

[Two weeks pass]

It's talent show day. Somehow, it's grown into a 17 act monstrosity. I'm act 13. Lucky. My brother's act 9. His act goes well. The crowd loves the crotch-grabbing/moonwalking action. Acts 10-12 pass. My turn.
  I run out from backstage, do a Super Mario jump, flash the Super Mario "V" sign, and head for the piano. Hmm, they didn't bring a piano bench out. Thinking quick, I wave-a my hands and yell out, "A-momma mia!" Crowd goes wild. The MC/Previously mentioned Executive Producer brings out a bench. I get down to business.
  Songs 1-2 go well. Crowd slightly quiet on Zelda but goes crazy for Underground, as expected. During the Underwater, however, things got a little crazy. Unbeknowenst to me, some kid whose nickname is apparently "Luigi" jumps onstage and starts doing a crazy, uh, mime(?) dance. That's right. Mime dance. I was slightly puzzled as to why the crowd starting yelling "Luigi!" but continued. He left in the middle of that same song. I finished the act successfully and left with a half-standing ovation.
  My brother didn't place but I, with my act created only to "save" the show that actually didn't end up needing saving, took second place and got $30. All in a good day's work for Mario.

Epilogue
  If anyone wants to see the talent show, I have it recorded on many different formats.
Here's a list: VHS, MPEG, photos, GIF, JPEG
Maybe if Deezer felt the need he'd put up a few pictures or video clip or something. (Hint: Deezer, post here if you want to) Anyway, just ask if you want something and I'll try to accomodate.

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 11:14:55 PM »
That's pretty cool...
So did you know the songs from memory or did you have the music somewhere?
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 12:19:34 PM »
I had them all memorized but did have music for the Underwater just in case.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 05:39:53 PM »
Wow. 2nd out of 17... what kind of act won, anyways? I don't see HOW you can beat that lineup, but ah well.

I wish I could just see the Michael Jackson thing though. That sounds hilarious.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 11:14:42 PM »
You have MPEG clips? We'll post 'em. First off, how big are the files?

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2002, 12:46:06 PM »
All I have right now is the original, full-length, high quality MPEG of 95.8MB. Let me see what I can do with size and quality for the web. I'll be back.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2003, 12:53:48 AM »
Did you get white gloves or your Mario costume as well?

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2003, 12:55:13 AM »
Oops, I meant on instead of or.

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2003, 01:04:19 AM »
Yeah, but I took them off pre-playing.

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2003, 01:16:40 AM »
Cool!

L is real 2041!

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2003, 09:54:45 PM »
EEP! I knew I was forgetting something...
Coming, Deezer-san.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 06:54:49 PM »
Deezer, I don't think I'm going to get this to you electronically.

SO...

Is it possible that I can mail you a CD of it? It really would be a stupendous addition to that fan film section!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2003, 07:03:19 PM »
Hahahaha! That's such a cool--and funny--story! ^_^ That would be awesome to watch!

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 07:44:14 PM »
hey, you forgot to mention me dude. Heh heh

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 03:12:57 AM »
hey, you forgot I posted that in December dude. Heh heh

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2003, 12:28:46 PM »
Did your brother win first place? If not post about which act won.

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2003, 12:35:15 PM »
Dude. He said his brother didn't place.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2003, 01:12:55 PM »
oops, My mistake..

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2003, 02:14:56 PM »
Metal Mallow, it's L is real 2042 not L is real 2041. Anyways, does that mean that Lizard Dude's brother was bad he didn't get a place?

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 08:45:07 PM »
My brother was good, but didn't place. He should have won, in the crowd's opinion.

First place went to a girl who sang while playing the piano (slow and beautiful). I'll allow it. She has been in piano longer than me, for cryin' out loud.

Deezer, may I mail you the CD?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2003, 11:36:47 PM »
Marioguy, the rumor says 2041, not 2042, and besides, whatever the plaque on the star says is in Japanese.
It doesn't say L is real.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2003, 11:53:16 PM »
I had heard it says "An Eternal Star for happiness"  on the courtyard plaque.  Which makes sense.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2003, 11:55:01 PM »
If that is true, why was the same texture in a Zelda game.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2003, 10:56:13 AM »
Lizard Dude, you have it on a CD? Sweet. Please send me an e-mail with file info (size, format, etc.) and we'll go from there.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 02:00:46 PM »
They needed an unintelligable plaque texture, they had an unintelligable plaque texture.  Doesn't matter too much if it doesn't say what it says when you read it, you can barely read it anyway.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2003, 08:15:18 PM »
*~*COMING SOON*~*

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2003, 04:35:30 PM »
*~*CD MAILED*~*

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2003, 06:04:21 PM »
Could you e-mail me the underworld theme?

Act your age, not your I.Q.  Wait, what''s the difference?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2003, 09:20:24 PM »
No. It's too big and the Underworld theme is boring anyway. Just download the video like everyone else.

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
*~*FILM IS UP*~*

Check it out!

TMK Fan Films

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2003, 08:32:06 PM »
Maybe when I get more space on my HD.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2003, 09:12:49 PM »
What the...? You don't have 25MB on your HD?

*scratches head*

Some of my games take more than that to save!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2003, 11:14:06 PM »
Lizard Dude, head to that place where we had a live discussion once. You won't find what you desire there, but I still think you'll like it somewhat.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2003, 01:03:49 PM »
Okay, but if I don't come back in ten minutes someone call for help...

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2003, 01:52:24 PM »
why not just call now? You need all the help you can get...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2003, 07:18:03 PM »
So...is anybody going to watch this? :(

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2003, 09:48:16 PM »
Of course I have 25MB. I only have about 350MB total remaining space though, and I don't want to fill much more of it up.
Don't worry, I'll watch it sometime.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/25/2003 8:50:09 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2003, 06:54:48 AM »
Hey Lizard Dude. Where did you find the sheet music for the songs you played? I play the piano too...actually i also play the bass and the accordion and a few others but thats another story.

parva leves capiunt animas

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2003, 04:55:57 PM »
Only sheet music I used was Underwater Theme. Someone posted it on these forums a while back. It was the exact notes played in the game.

Half the others I figured out on my own and the other half I asked my piano teacher about some of the chord progressions and technical mumbo-jumbo like that and then whipped them up from there.

The very, very sad part is that I can now play a Mario music show about 300% better than that one. Added features include a full original opening, composed by me, that incorporates various themes of the show drifting in and out, a *vastly* improved ending, mostly composed by me, that after the Mario 2 Overworld Theme bursts into a classic showtune style slowdown finale (the kind of part where millions of showgirls run out and do high kicks in a line-you know the type) followed by a pulse-accelerating grand chorus of the SMB Flagpole Victory Theme, with a fantastic pause before the final C chord, upon which I hit it, do a fortepiano crescendo and end with the classical "bum-bum-bum-bum." The actual song portion now also includes the SMB3 World 1 Map Theme, the SMB3 Overworld 2 Theme, and the Yoshi's Story Theme.

Wow! I also play the bass guitar(jazz only, so far-school Jazz Band) and accordion! [Editor's Note: Lizard Dude did not realize he wrote that in the first post. Thank you.] I also play Euphonium (three year All-State) and Trombone. My grandpa is also giving me a handcrafted violin made by his niece very soon for a late graduation gift. Apparently, it's top quality, so I expect I'll know some violin soon.

Thanks for watching, and have a nice day!

P.S. My accordion Zelda Theme r0x0rZ the 40uZ30rZ!

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 7/27/2003 3:58:20 PM

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2003, 04:59:50 PM »
Holy Crap! I didnt know LD was into Jazz...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2003, 09:03:43 PM »
Violin is the only instrument (of about 10 or more) that I play that I take lessons for. My violin is from 1836.
Just thought you'd like to know.

That was a joke.

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2003, 09:09:14 PM »
You need some FilePlanet thing to downlosd it?

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2003, 09:26:13 AM »
Since we're on the topic of playing instruments, i though i might tell you which ones i play;piano, bass, euphonium, accordion, drums, some mandolin and guitar and im learning the saxophone. As Chupperson says, "just thought you'd like to know".

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2003, 09:33:40 AM »
Bah! if I could get access to more instruments I would be able to play more..so far I only play piano, guitar, and drums..

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2003, 10:10:03 PM »
What about all that music for a Tuba. I'm in the highest band, "Wind Ensemble" at my school, so I bet those themes wouldn't be too hard. Right?
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2003, 10:38:16 PM »
Well, they wouldn't be too "hard," but you could only play one note at a time, so they would sound pretty thin.

The whole ensemble playing, though...*gurgle*

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2003, 08:41:45 PM »
Lizard Dude LIVE & Unplugged
*~*COMING SOON*~*

That's riiiiiiiiight...

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2003, 10:24:01 PM »
Since people are posting what they play, I think I'll join in...

Piano.
Alto Sax.
Soprano Sax.
Synthesizer.
Organ.
Flute.(Not in public).
Clarinet.
French Horn.(learning).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2003, 12:41:21 AM »
Okay, for a full list:

Violin
Piano/Synthesizers/Organs
Drums
Guitar (Elec., Bass, Acoustic)
Mandolin
Dulcimer
Hammered Dulcimer, sorta
Harmonica, sorta
Harp, sorta
Most rhythm instruments
Saxophone, barely
More

Eccentricity is my goal.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/8/2003 11:44:44 PM
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2003, 05:27:18 AM »
Wow, you play the more?  I've heard that's a tought instrument to use.
All I've got is piano, but at least I know a lot of game music.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2003, 07:09:59 AM »
lol, the "more" :P
Heheh...here's what I('ve) play(ed):

Keyboard/Piano
Clarinet (stopped after 6th grade)

I only play the keyboard for fun, but I'm actually pretty good at it.
I almost tried playing the flute, but was too lazy and didn't really care. XD

Hee hee hee! So many instruments!! It boggles the mind!!! :D

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/9/2003 6:13:19 AM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2003, 07:32:37 AM »
Why not the Tuba too? It would be cool to play the base of all that music, eh?

My Quote: "Yesterday, when I''m smaller.... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."  

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2003, 02:26:35 PM »
two words....

TOO BIG.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2003, 11:58:05 PM »
Yeah, see, the way you play a more is when you pick up any instrument you don't know how to play and you start playing it.

Come to think of it, adding "more" on the end of that made it an incomplete list, didn't it?

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2003, 09:49:01 AM »
Yeah, what the heck kind of "full" list was that?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2003, 01:45:05 PM »
I can't play nothing. Except in 4th grade I played a recorder.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2003, 12:08:33 AM »
Ooh, I forgot I can play recorders and ocarinas.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2003, 05:07:02 AM »
Tubas aren't that big. You've probably seen the big tubas that they have in parades or other special occasions like football; that they have wrapped around they're shoulder. That's another type of Tuba called the "Sousaphone." I'm 13 and my mouth is above the mouthpiece. Also, it's the biggest of all the tubas at my school and I think it's pretty big. Lizard Dude, you're in your late teens I believe, right. Well, I think he could handle it, Maestro. If he's tall enough to be over the mouthpeice than there you go, ready to play. It's not too hard to play either. 4 valves vs. 88 keys. 4 valves vs. some hard to reach positions for the trombone. Wow, that's hard; 4 valves. The tubas also have the most range in the Bass Clef class. I've played a note about 7 or 8 leseuir (I think I spelled that right) lines below the staff. One of my highest notes was about 5 lines above the staff. So that tells you how large the range is. They used the one and only tuba for the base in SSBM and the tuba sounds awesome at Peach's Castle. Why don't you listen to it one time. I just printed the Mario theme for the tuba, in fact. Now, I'm not saying that you should be a tuba maniac. I'm just stating some facts about it. But it would be cool to play it one time in your life. BTW, (useless info,) My Bach mouthpeice costed around 82-90 dollars.

My Quote: "Yesterday, when I''m smaller.... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."  

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2003, 10:21:15 AM »
Oh, we're talking about me playing the tuba? Yeah, I can technically play one just fine, especially since Euphonium is my specialty, but it is not a C instrument and I've never learned to read its music so I don't consider myself able to "play" it. I could pretty easily, though.

Also, it's "ledger" lines that make a staff.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2003, 10:44:01 AM »
I can play the clarinet and the keybord.  My keyboard has around a hundred different instruments, sound effects(helicopter, ocean, bird, gunshot, telephone, applause, and window wiping) and nine drumsets.

Hamster Sauce!

Edited by - Markio on 8/11/2003 9:44:45 AM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2003, 09:35:18 PM »
Markio, what brand of keyboard is it? I love the ones that have all the sound effects. I especially liked the one with the coughing noises, etc. from Ferris Beuler's Day Off.

It''s proven that a train vs. a car, truck, or even a semi truck, is like a car vs. a soda can. I wonder what would happen to the cow.. heh heh. Fresh meat, anyone?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2003, 09:59:02 PM »
Casio.

Hamster Sauce!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2003, 11:30:03 PM »
I play the Horn and a little bit of Piano. Notice I said Horn and not french horn. Well, it's really a horn What happened was...

It all happened back some time ago when the Horn wasn't as popular. One day,there was this big concertand there was some French guy playing the Horn. He did such a good job, that the headline the next day on the newspaper in England, was "French Horn Player!" Now this really meant, that French was describing the Horn player, but many thought that it meant that the instrument was the French Horn and he was playing it. So this all kept getting more popular, until it became the popular term. The real instrument is officially the Horn and not the French Horn.

Anyway, for the piano, I'm teaching myself to play it because we got a new one a few years ago. I play Nintendo music on it too!
Here are the songs I can play so far......

1. Super Mario Bros. Theme Song
2. Dr. Mario: Fever
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. Donkey Kong Original Arcade songs
5. Warioware Inc. Theme

I'm working on them and soon I shall perfect them!

------------------------------
It is I! Meowrik! The half  cat, half Erik Video Game Geek!
 We’re the Mario Bros. and plumbing’s our game! We’re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We’re faster than the others you’ll get hooked on the brothers!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2003, 12:43:31 AM »
Yeah,

I play the piano/keyboard, saxophone, handbells, and I'm working on the drums.  Funny you should mention the Warioware Inc. theme - I'm trying to get that myself.  I've also got a few Zelda songs done and I ALMOST have the Overworld theme from Mario Bros 2.  And it ain't easy...

I've gotta get one of those keyboards with all the SFX, I love those too.

(PS - Does anyone know what a "Shamisen" is?)

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2003, 08:51:38 PM »
The Shamisen is a Japanese lute-like instrument with three strings.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2003, 05:43:38 PM »
Insta-Poll

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have watched Lizard Dude LIVE?

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2003, 06:44:34 PM »
This just in..........no one has! Yay!

Ooh, I just got word that............every day is APPLESAUCE DAY! YAYAYAYAYAYA! Yay!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2003, 07:38:48 PM »
I'm waiting for the sequel.
I plan to watch Lizard Dude LIVE! but I haven't gotten it yet. Too busy FTPing game music.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2003, 08:49:48 PM »
Cool. Yay!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2003, 08:57:50 PM »
Jon, I think you should stop with the yays. You're starting to come off as a uvg type of guy.

------------------------------
 We’re the Mario Bros. and plumbing’s our game! We’re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We’re faster than the others you’ll get hooked on the brothers!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2003, 09:00:15 PM »
Yay!

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2003, 01:38:49 PM »
*~*Lizard Dude LIVE & Unplugged ready! Check it out!*~*

On a more perverse note, my brother visited me at college for the first time and while not seeing him for three weeks he somehow learned the note-for-note version of SMB Overworld flawlessly and memorized! No! My Holy Grail! I shall redouble my efforts.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2003, 04:32:54 PM »
 Poll: I have seen Lizard Dude LIVE.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2003, 12:16:13 AM »
I will see it sometime soon.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2003, 10:08:15 AM »
I tried to see, but the site had problem at the time.  I will try again later.  For now I am busy with The Simpsons Hit and Run and completing my NES games and Mario theme in Animal Crossing.  I now have 19 games, and all I need is the Mario Mural.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2003, 01:08:33 PM »
Poll:  I've also seen it.  Downloading unplugged now...

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2003, 10:18:25 PM »
Addendum: I will be receiving both on a CD soon.
That was a joke.

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2004, 01:06:30 PM »
Hey, it was cool, I also love to play mario musics in piano and keyboard, I played a lot of SMB1 and SMB3 musics in my last recital.

Congratulations.

Moritz

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2004, 02:26:20 PM »
Thank you. I suggest trying SMB2, it's a blast!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2004, 10:01:04 AM »
I don't play SMB2 musics because I didn't play the game, but maybe some day I'll try them.

Here is the list of all musics I played in the recital. (don't care with the portuguese parts, I'm lazy to remove them)

SMB 1 - Over Theme (fase 1 por exemplo)
SMB 1 - Underworld Theme (fase 2 por exemplo)
SMB 1 - Water Theme (fases da água)
SMB 1 - Star Theme (estrela)
SMB 1 - Water Theme (segunda vez)
SMB 1 - Flag Theme (quando vc passa a fase, sabe, pula la na bandeira)
SMB 1 - Castle Theme (fase dos castelos)
SMB 1 - Victory Theme (quando vc mata o koopa em cada castelo)
SMB 3 - Selecting 1 player (o som quando entra em 1 player game)
SMB 3 - Map 1 Theme (do mapa do mundo 1)
SMB 3 - Over 1 Theme (fase 1 por exemplo)
SMB 3 - Finish Stage (quando passa a fase)
SMB 3 - Map 1 Theme (denovo)
SMB 3 - Over 2 Theme (fase 2 por exemplo)
SMB 3 - Finish Stage (quando passa a fase)
SMB 3 - Flute Theme (quando usa a flautinha)
SMB 3 - Warp Theme (quando está na tela de warp)
SMB 3 - Map 3 Theme (do mapa do mundo 3, mundo da agua)
SMB 3 - Water Theme (fase da água)
SMB 3 - Victory Theme (quando ajuntou 3 estrelas, 3 flores ou 3 cogumelos no
final das fases)
SMB 3 - 5 vezes Up Theme (o som de quando ganhar vida)
SMB 3 - Flute Theme (quando usa a flautinha)
SMB 3 - Warp Theme (quando está na tela de warp)
SMB 3 - Against Bowser Theme (da luta final com o Bowser)
SMB 3 - Victory Fanfare (quando vc mata o Bowser)
SMB 3 - End Theme (quando o mario entra na porta e acha a princesa Daisy)
SMB 3 - Credits Theme (musica dos creditos)
SMB 3 - Game Over Theme (quando da game over)
SMB 1 - Game Over Theme (quando da game over)

And here is the .mp3 file.

http://www.moritz.trix.net/mk64/Recital%202003.mp3

I really would like to make a vid of it, but I don't know how I could do it (I have it taped in VHS)

Moritz

Edited by - Fernando Moritz on 2/5/2004 3:55:39 PM

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2004, 01:42:15 PM »
I'll try to make a vid of it using my webcam, if I get it corretly, how can I have it on Fan Films page?

Thanks

Moritz

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
I love Mario and Zelda music played on the piano, magnifico(sp?).

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2004, 10:58:23 PM »
Whoa, I finally remembered to listen to that mp3 and it was pretty dang good! You've got quite the repitoire. Heh, I need to learn more songs. ;)

[Yes, Lizard Dude LIVE 3 is coming eventually.]

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2004, 09:59:26 AM »
Lizard Dude LIVE 3? Nice, I can't wait to see it.

I tried to make a vid with my webcam, it worked (not good quality, but worked), but I couldn't synch audio/video correctly.

Moritz

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2004, 04:46:25 PM »
I'm still working on Meowrik LIVE. I've got three big concerts coming up so until then, I have no time to practice.

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2004, 07:02:56 AM »
I tried do synch again audio/video and now I got I correctly, the problem was the codec, but now it's ok, the quality is not good, I uploaded the video, and you can download it here:
http://www.moritz.trix.net/recital/

It's DivX codec.

How can I have it in the Fan Films section of the website?

Fernando Moritz

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2004, 09:39:56 AM »
??????

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2004, 04:21:17 PM »
Contact Deezer.

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2004, 04:14:33 PM »
Today, my birthday coincidentally, I have an in-costume Lizard Dude LIVE & Unplugged performance in less than three hours from this post. Hopefully I'll bring home some money.

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2004, 08:55:09 PM »
Odd, today is also my birthday. I turn 15 years old.

Happy birthday to us, I guess.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2004, 10:28:37 PM »
Happy birthday to both of you!  By the way, I've been working on video game music arranged for the piano lately.  (Just to add to the topic...)

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2004, 10:38:29 PM »
Ahhh, 1st place. $50.00 acrued. \:D/

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2004, 01:49:06 PM »
Kweh!
Way to accrue, Lizard Dude!

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2004, 09:31:19 PM »
THIS JUST IN: TMK staff members like to play instruments.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
This is donotcare95, phasing out<•>_<•>

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2004, 10:13:58 AM »
I just would like to know Deezer's e-mail.

Moritz

Edited by - Fernando Moritz on 4/11/2004 9:14:45 AM

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2004, 04:22:30 PM »
tmk@ERASETHISPARTkontek.net

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2004, 01:08:20 AM »
ProTip: If you go to http://www.exponent.montana.edu/features.html in the immediate future while it's still up, you'll be able to see a highly exaggerated account of my latest performance.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2004, 10:47:46 PM »
Heh, every theme? I'd say so.

My brain does stupid things when I‘m not looking.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2004, 12:10:33 AM »
THIS JUST IN: Weird Dude can play the more and the piano at the same time while dressed up as Mario.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
Go to this awesome place.
This is donotcare95, phasing out<•>_<•>

Print