Print

Author Topic: Mario Radio Play  (Read 2406 times)

« on: May 28, 2003, 04:48:38 PM »
Hi!  I'm making a radio play based on the old Valiant comic books of Super Mario Bros., and I need voices, of course!  These audition lines are from the first "episode" of the radio play, so of course, there'll be more lines to voice-over for as we go on, but whoever gets cast as Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess, etc. will, I hope, continue on with the rest of the "episodes".  Okay, enough talk.  Let's get down to business!

For auditioning, you MUST have a good microphone so it'll match well with the rest of the microphones.  Please send the audition lines in .mp3 format (in high quality) to nyssane@msn.com, or just AIM me at Nyssane and you can send the lines like that.  I don't really care what you name the files, but zip all the files up and send them my way.  I'm not picky when it comes to what you name them, but I am picky with the quality of the microphone.  No background noises, please!  Okay, now for the auditions:

MARIO (m) - A high pitched Italian plumber.  I'm sure most people know what his voice SHOULD sound like (either from watching the old cartoon, or playing the video games that feature Charles Martinet as the voice of him), so I'll wait and see what someone can do with him.
1.) "Wow!  I've just spent the last seventy-two hours reading Dirk Drain-Head comic books.  A new record!  The scary thing is...I'd do it all over again!  (Yawns) Maybe I'll take a nap first, though."
2.) "Dirk Drain-Head, action plumber, shall seek out the enemy!"
3.) "My friend, violence is not the answer!  The first man to raise a fist was the first one to run out of ideas."

LUIGI (m) - Like Mario's voice, yet lower pitched.  Luigi should be medium-ranged, but still have that Italian accent!  Note that Luigi's actually more of a supporting character than a main character in the Valiant comics, so he doesn't get much time to shine in most issues.
1.) "Mario!  It's an emergency!!  Mario, get out of bed!!"
2.) "Okay, Princess.  We have to wake Mario.  This could get ugly."
3.) "Okay.  This is a problem...but not a big one."

PRINCESS TOADSTOOL (f) - High-pitched and soft-spoken.  Kind of helpless in a way.  Not as annoying as she is in most of the video games, but still high pitched.  Really, any feminine voice could play the Princess.
1.) "That's terrible!  We'd better keep him locked up for his own good!"
2.) "We should have seen this coming.  He's been hiding his "Dirk" comics all over the castle!"
3.) "Mario, my father was turned into a spider.  Don't try to top me on this..."

KING KOOPA (m) - Rough and gruff.  Kind of lizardy.  The original voice from the cartoon sounded perfect for Koopa, I think, so if anyone can match him, or even make their own voice for him on the way they think it would be best, I'm open to suggestions!
1.) "Look, Toadstool, world peace is okay, but I'm missing 'The Kingdom's Most Wanted'!"
2.) "WHAT?!  Mario captured me single-handedly...IN HIS SLEEP?!"

KING TOADSTOOL (m) - An older-type voice, yet extremely stupid and goofy.  Not much screentime, so I'll be lenient on his voice.
1.) "(Whispering) Frankly, Mario scares me.  He's spooky."
2.) "Mario's done a good thing this time.  The kingdom will finally have a lasting peace."

WOOSTER (m, or f, really) - The King's trusty assistant, Wooster is a smart-alec type mushroom who always has smart-alec type comments.  He's male, but I'd gladly make him female if one is eager enough to play him (or her).
1.) "He's being nice to make up for all the trouble he used to cause."
2.) "In just a few more years, he might learn to eat with utensils."

(Those are the only characters that appear quite a lot.  These ones appear every so-often):

SNIFIT #1 (m or f) - A nasally-type voice, annoying and...well, that's it.
1.) "Here's the 'A Plan': You attack from the front, and I'll take the rear!"

SNIFIT #2 (m or f) - Same as above, yet with a different actor and line.
1.) "What's the 'B' plan?!"

PHANTO (m) - A deep, mysterious voice.  That's really all, since I'll be changing it to echo-like and weird.
1.) "He'll talk like this all day if you let him..."

NINJI (m or f) - A monster with a small-type voice.  Small and weak.  One line, if you can call it that.
1. "Waaaaah!"

SHYGUY (m or f) - An obnoxious-type nasally voice once again.
1. "(Whiney) We're going to Koooopa and weeeee're telling.  Your brother's in biiig trouble now!  He doesn't play fair!"

SNIFIT #3 (m or f) - Same as the above Snifits.
1. "(Pouting) I got a paper cut.  Want to see?"

BIRDO (f) - A high-pitched female voice, kind of like in Mario Advance, if anyone's played it.  She appears again in one of the latter issues, so the person cast will be in two!
1. "This is as far as you go!"
2. "(Beat up) Koopa.  Third door on the left.  Watch that third step.  It's a lulu."

There's a few more monsters, but all they do is moan and groan, so I'll have some of the Snifits do that, too, if it's possible.  AUDITIONS END WHEN I CAST EVERY CHARACTER!  There's no set date, but when I find someone that I think is good for it, they'll be cast!  Thank you everyone who auditions!  I think it'll be a fun radio play, indeed!

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 07:39:30 PM »
*kills Nyssane*

It''s ah me Marioguy! I''m also the master of Tetris Attack!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 09:04:33 PM »
Dude, is that all you ever do here, Marioguy? If you think that's funny, then... uh...never mind...

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 01:43:35 AM »
Uhh...I dont think you will get actors here.

The wind....
It is blowing....
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 06:46:13 PM »
I killed him because he had a dumb idea.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 07:07:37 PM »
I wasn't a bad idea. And even if it were, how does that justify killing a person?

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 07:18:50 PM »
Hmmmmph. It appears that marioguy seems to be able to turn everything here into a flame war.

And you know what was REALLY a bad idea? ... Erm, never mind. Saying it would make me look bad and like one of those pro-affirmative action hypocrites. So yea. I'll shut up now.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 09:10:51 PM »
The concept of the play is good. But I wouldn't hold auditions over the Fungi Forums.

Question: What do Bill Gates, and Bowser have in common?
Answer: They both want to destroy Mario.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2003, 07:48:39 AM »
I think this is just a big joke. Nyssane only did one post, and then she or he (don't know) left.

Print