Print

Author Topic: R.I.P. Nintendo Logo  (Read 10986 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: November 26, 2008, 07:50:46 AM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:02:12 AM »
That's in Europe, and plus there's only a color change--it's not like they have a completely different logo. For that matter, though, I never really thought there was an "official" color for the logo, since it's appeared in so many colors, although I guess it's always really appeared in red on a lot of NES games, for example:

They do make a point though, the gray logo is very boring compared to the red logo, but I doubt it's because they feel "grown up" as the article implies. I mean, using the skills I have from my graphic design class in school, the new logo's use of color makes it harder to see and read, and it doesn't really appear as well to viewers, because the red is very attention grabbing while gray is, as said before, boring and sort of blends with the white.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:03:56 AM by SolidShroom »

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
I expect to see multiple photoshops of alternative colours and styles they could have used instead of simple E-Grey...

...Well, what're you waiting for? Hop to it! :D
All worlds shall soon be ruled by the one...Count Bleck!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »
COLHURRRRRRS

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
TEM's logo should be the official one.
every

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
Reminds me of Rainbows and Butterflies. ~Blinks~ I know nintendo's image is user friendly, buuuut that's probably Cutesie overkill. XDD

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
Isn't the logo blue in Japan? I'm pretty sure it is.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
Apparently not according to nintendo.co.jp, no! ~just checked~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »
Well, sometimes it is.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 03:06:06 PM »
omg its gray

omg

oooooooommmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggg
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »
BP, auditions for Troll 2 ended a good twenty years ago.
every

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »
I guess it's not that big of a change, but Nintendo really needs to get out of this apple "white shiny plastic" phase. It's starting to get old, even apple is recognizes this (those new fancy-pants Intel iMacs are covered in aluminum and black plastic).

On a semi-related note, this kind of reminds me of when Sega displayed a blue swirl as the DreamCast logo in Europe, as opposed to the orange one used everywhere else.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 01:43:43 AM »
Well, that's a whole lot of nothing. So the logo changed to gray. Big deal. Maybe it will fit in better with the Wii stuff, but I liked the red logo. Actually, I liked the gold logo as seen in Mario Kart 64 because it spun around. And Nintendo could have had any logo back in the NES days - the commercials still rocked. But announcing a change to a new color... doesn't seem like it warrants a press release. I guess a press release would be needed though, just so people don't think "hey, that's not the real Nintendo" when they see a different-colored logo next to new games.

Maybe Nintendo would be better off with a thing for its logo instead of just a name. You remember the N64 logo, and there's the GameCube logo. The N64 logo might be recognizable as a Nintendo logo. I certainly identified with it more than the default logo, maybe because I saw more interesting stuff being done with it.

There also used to be logos with mascots on them. Do you remember that? Okay, only a few come to mind. Sunsoft, which used to have Aero the Acrobat on it until something happened (I don't think it lasted long. I wish it did, because Aero's kind of cute, and maybe it'd revitalize interest in the long-lost character if people started wondering who that bat on the logo was). Iguana Entertainment, which is now gone I believe, but they had an iguana for their logo and then had stuff happen to it in the Turok games. And Hudson, which has a bee for their logo. I thought Hudson had gone the way of the dodo until a recent Nintendojo story suggesting they're still around. Maybe they want to sell us another Bomberman game. Was Bomberman by Hudson? I forget.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 02:00:35 AM »
Hudson is in absolutely no danger of dying, just so you know. Yes, they make Bomberman. :) And Mario Party. :(
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »
But hasn't Bomberman taken a turn for the worst lately, or have they amended their terrible Xbox game and gone back to the old Bomberman style?

Also, I had Aero the Acrobat on my GBA and I remember beating it all in one night. It was a lot of fun and it would be nice if the character returned, perhaps for some DS related action but I seriously doubt that.

Print