Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 64 completed with 0 stars  (Read 8488 times)

« on: December 08, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »
I've seen amusing TAS videos many times over, but this just breaks my mind.
YouTube link.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm amazed no one has (yet) found a way to beat SM64 without defeating Bowser those first two times.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »
Wow, that was pretty amazing. There's got to be a way to beat the game without fighting the first two Bowsers.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
That's basically what I just said. ;)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »
I don't understand how you could do that in the first place.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »
Well, it IS tool-assisted.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to beat it without beating Bowser every time, because there isn't a way to get into the two other sections of castle without keys. The different parts of the castle are different maps and the pointers only work if you use a key, i.e. not if you just touch the inside of the door.
That was a joke.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 03:27:43 PM »
I always think it's posible to steer Mario into this door with a keyhole by lobby glitch... But here is another great method! YAY
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »
I'll take a look at it tonight. This dial-up connection isn't exactly YouTube-friendly...

Anyway, I don't think glitching through the locked door to the second floor would do any good as I'm sure you'd end up in a blank room similar to the one behind the front door of the castle that you can get to if you were to run through a certain wall.

In other words, the spiral staircase has it's own screen as opposed to, say, the rooms for Bob-omb Battlefield, Whomp's Fortess, etc...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:15:24 PM »
But he used ToadsTool.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »
No, he didn't.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 07:10:37 PM »
It said at the beggining it was tool assisted, meaning he used a cheat or hacking device. ToadsTool is one of them, there are others he could've used though.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 07:24:01 PM »
No, tool-assisted means that an emulator with re-record capability was used to perfect the control inputs sent to the game.  This means that everything that happens in the game would be possible on a real machine if the player was perfect/a robot/God.
It specifically does not mean hacking programs.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Pretty impressive, and more entertaining to watch than the 1-star run, especially by cutting out Dry Dry Docks. Now, if only they could find another 48 seconds to shave off, they'd get the time below the SMB time.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 10:55:08 PM »
Y'mean, Dire, Dire Docks? Yeah, that part was cool.

I don't quite understand the mechanics behind the backwards long jump, though.

Print