Print

Author Topic: The entire Mario anime movie for your viewing pleasure  (Read 8481 times)

The Chef

• Super
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:57:52 PM »
Yep. It's been a while since I made a topic, so I thought I'd share this with my fellow Mario nuts here at the FF.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Either later or tomorrow I'll do my own in-depth analysis of the movie. Until then, enjoy it.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 06:51:11 PM »
Hopefully whoever uploaded the videos can get someone else to fan sub it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »
Pretty neat, but... I don't speak Japanese. I personally think subtitles may be a better way of translating it should a translation be done.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »
Without the subtitles, you can kind of get the general idea of what's going on.

I'd prefer it be dubbed, as it's hard for me to get into a movie that has so many words. It's like watching a book try to get up and walk around.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
I like subtitles. I can read them and watch at the same time.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 11:46:36 PM »
Awesome movie, but the ending ruined it for me.  After all that stuff Mario went through.  And I liked that dog, until the end. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »
That's exactly-- exactly what I thought.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:11 AM »
Those video sequences have been up on YouTube for quite a while...
Anyone who's a member on <a href="http://www.deviantart.com/>deviantART[/url], AND has <a href="http://sigurdhosenfeld.deviantart.com/journal/>Sigurd Von Hosenfeld's galley's journal[/url] on +devWatch would've already known about it...

However, it was soooo much fun actually and finally watching that old anime, despite its crude appearance...
I really wish someone would re-release the whole thing on DVD or something...
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »
Well, I only recently discovered it, and apparently nobody else here knew about it. It also appears that I completely forgot about that analysis I promised. >_<

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »
Oh, I've known about it for a little while.  I was just never able to find the whole thing.

Here's my comment for the movie as a whole: A must see for any die-hard Mario fan.  You don't need to understand Japanese to enjoy this, as the characters' actions give us, as Toad said, a general idea of what's going on.
That's all I want to say.  I don't want to spoil the movie anymore than I already have.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »
You don't have to worry about spoiling it. I'm pretty sure anybody who bothers to post in here actually watched it. One of the main reasons I made the topic was to discuss the movie.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
The whole thing was only recently uploaded. There were pieces on YouTube before, but not the entire thing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
I guess the next step is to get it without a giant watermark.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
Yeah, but if you're watching the movie, the watermark isn't all that distracting.

Though, that is part of why I don't watch TV anymore. All these stations with their logos on the bottom left/right hand corner, and then the moving parts that are just a banner for some weird advertisement that they are doing..

It makes me very glad sometimes that I don't have cable at my apartment. So I don't have to watch the ugly logo parade.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »
Wow, you get forced to watch TV if you have cable?
That was a joke.

Print