Print

Author Topic: Virtual Insanity! (UK Press Release)  (Read 4190 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:45:33 AM »
Virtual Insanity! This Week Virtual Console Lets You Save The Planet, Journey Through Space And Overthrow An Evil Tyrant

25th May 2007- This week sees NES classic Super Mario Bros. 2 hop onto the Virtual Console. In this 1989 classic, Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad go for a picnic which doesn’t quite go to plan when they end up in the mysterious land of Subcon. Obliged to save it from the curse of filthy frog tyrant, Wart, players must use each of the four main characters and their own special ability to battle through seven worlds and free the land from Wart’s evil grasp! Super Mario Bros. 2 is available to download now for just 500 Wii Points!

If you feel like something a little more turbo-charged this week then get ready for Mach Rider™. Set in 2112, Earth has been invaded by evil quad bikers who are bent on destroying everything. Players must assume the role of Mach Rider, the world’s last hope, and travel from area to area destroying any quad bikers they encounter. Mach Rider, which was originally released on the NES in 1987, also features a level design mode enabling players to create their own courses. Unique to the Virtual Console version, players can save these creations to enjoy over and over again. Mach Rider is available now for 500 Wii Points.

Finally this week is Blazing Lazers, originally released in 1989 for the Turbografx. This vertical scrolling shoot ‘em up achieved critical acclaim when it was first released. Now it’s available on Virtual Console featuring nine levels of non-stop shooting action in the darkest depths of space. Players can choose from four weapon types including bullets, waves and rings, each of which can be upgraded making them even more deadly. Blazing Lazers blasts its way onto the Virtual Console for 600 Wii Points.

These great games will join the list of 89 classic titles already available for the Virtual Console in the UK.

end Press Release.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print