Print

Author Topic: Total Mario software sales as of March 2007  (Read 4823 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 30, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »

Ever wonder how much money our favorite little plumber has made for Nintendo? Well, wonder no more, as Nintendo has disclosed the exact amount (give or take a decimal) of units the Mario series has sold since it's inception in 1983. For kicks, I've included the top five franchises for Nintendo, with units sold as of March 2007:

Total Mario series: more than 198 million units sold worldwide
Total Pokémon series: more than 164 million units worldwide
Total Zelda series: more than 52 million units worldwide
Total Donkey Kong series: more than 48 million units worldwide
Total Metroid series: more than 13 million units worldwide

I wish the Metroid series was higher up. That series has a lot of potential, and it just has never seem to hit mainstream like Nintendo's other franchises.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »
I heard Metroid is liked better here than in Japan at least.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »
What about the Kirby series? Do you have any data on those games?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »
So Donkey Kong doesn't count?
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »
Pokemon kind of has it easy, since most people buy both versions at the beginning of a generation and get the third after recovering financially... Since Wikipedia groups each trio as one game the top-seller for each Nintendo handheld is pretty much guaranteed to be Pokemon on the article for it. Mmmmm...
Chup: If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt. Sssh.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:13:28 PM »
So Donkey Kong doesn't count?

from what I can gather, that is bundled with the Total Donkey Kong series sales. Of course, I could be wrong, but Nintendo doesn't specify if the original DK is with which sales.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »
Total Metroid series: more than 13 million units worldwide
Total Nintendogs series: more than 14 million units worldwide

Print