Print

Author Topic: Rumor: 'Credible sources' say Mario Kart Wii @ E3  (Read 5162 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: June 01, 2007, 06:00:11 AM »
Those french, they can be so cute when they cite credible sources! Jeux France is saying that they have an inside scope on a (as of now) rumor, or rumour, about what Nintendo will show off at this year's E3. IE3 may not be as big as before, but some heavy-hitters are mentioned. First, Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy will be given solid release dates. Secondly, new hardware from Nintendo will be shown. Exactly what will be shown is not mentioned, but one can venture many a guess (Wii with DVD playback, new Game Boy). Finally, and the biggest one of them all if you ask me, is the announcement that Mario Kart Wii is scheduled to be unveiled!

You know, when it comes to a rumor, I always shrug it off until final confirmation, and this one should be treated no different. While they are more possible than other rumors, don't be surprised if only one of them is true...

Link: Mario Kart, Wii Wii? (jeux-france)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »
Mmmm... I'm betting it'll have WFC. If not, then how lame. I also think the remote will be used as a steering wheel... Just a little too late, it would be great driving practice... but I might even have my permit before it's released, at this rate.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:50:58 PM »
My ideal control scheme for a Mario Kart Wii would use the nunchuck and have standard controls, except the pointer would be used to aim where you throw items. It could add a whole new dimension to the game.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:00:23 PM »
Hmmm... This "rumour" somehow sounds more official than regular old rumors.  I bet my 72nd-born child on it.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 01:40:52 AM »
Well, yeah... since the SNES it's been a given: each Nintendo system will get one Mario Kart, usually designed to get the most out of the system's capabilities (64 = 3-D courses, DS = WFC). Why'd the Wii be any different?
You know what Mario spin-off would be better off with one per system...?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 01:52:02 AM »
Donkey Konga?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 07:41:07 AM »
^ Yes, please. The third one never came out here, ya know...

All sounding very cool (new Game Boy? Someone make a separate thread about this) and plausible.

...I miss the GOOD E3...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
Adding fuel to the fire!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160423

check that link out and tell me what you think!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
I think we need to find somebody that can really read German, instead of using an Internet translator thing..

deputy marketings manager.. -_-;
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 02:23:17 PM »
I highly doubt Mario Kart Wii will be ready this year.  I think it's more likely that it'll be ready sometime in 2008.

The only things I can say about this rumor:  A Mario Kart on the Wii is inevitable, so, it's pretty likely that it will be announced.  Yes, I'd definitely buy a Mario Kart game for the Wii.  However, a rumor is still a rumor, so pass the salt shaker around.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print