Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Yoshi's Island stage  (Read 10344 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:15:15 AM »

A new stage has been revealed for Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Yoshi's Island.  Taking the hand-drawn look to a new level, the Yoshi's Island stage looks like a watercolor painting.  The stage is composed of a main platform, an elevated tilting platform, and smaller platforms that periodically appear thanks to Support Ghosts.  Fly Guys also travel across the stage.  The stage cycles through seasons and even the weather changes during battle.  Check the link below for screenshots.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:19:33 AM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 11:31:58 AM »
Those Support Ghosts were the creepiest platforms I've ever seen... besides Dorrie from SM64. Anyways, it looks awesome. They did a good job turning the beauty that is Yoshi's Island into 3D, without making it look horrible.
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:35:04 AM »
It does look like a natural extension of the YI environment. Which is awfully cool.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
Do you think hitting the Support Ghost will make it lower its platform?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
The stages in this game are awfully small, just look at Fox's stage from November! Not much to have an all-out brawl. But I'm a sucker for YI's hand drawn levels and background's.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »
Small? It looks decently large.
Finally, some Yoshi's Island in Super Smash Bros. If that music that was revealed earlier isn't for this stage then you can count on a Yoshi's Story stage, also...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
Kinda a puny, boring-looking stage, but the hand-drawn look is awesome.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »
I thought it looked small and boring too at first, but if you read the descriptions, it sounds like there will be a fair amount of interactivity that can't be captured by screenshots.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »
Simply adorable. And it was about time they made a YI stage. Seriously. It's always about YS, never YI.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 03:21:37 AM »
The stages in this game are awfully small, just look at Fox's stage from November! Not much to have an all-out brawl. But I'm a sucker for YI's hand drawn levels and background's.
Uh, hello? All-out brawls happen on small stages, not large stages where people can run and hide.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 06:57:34 AM »
Remember Temple from Melee?  That stage was huge!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 07:50:04 AM »
And I hate it!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 09:32:55 AM »
Why would you hate it? Just make everyone giant if you think It's bad, That's my favorite stage! I have all these shoot outs with Fox, Falco, Samus, and projectile items!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 10:31:52 AM »
Yeah, all-out brawls do not happen at Hyrule Temple. Every one is far away and attacks each other infrequently.
If someone remixes Flower Garden from YI I will freak out with happiness.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 11:24:03 AM »
Blugh Temple. It's only good for laughing when everyone goes down to the "underground" part and stays alive with 500% damage... it sucks for 1-P CPU fights because A. there's no one at/with which to laugh, and B. the idiot AI makes the CPU drop everything it's doing to walk over to the top right corner of the stage for a strawberry.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print