Print

Author Topic: Wario profiled on Smash Bros. DOJO  (Read 8498 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: June 20, 2007, 02:34:46 AM »
Today's Smash Bros. DOJO update features everyone's favorite rude and crude dude: Wario. In addition to pointing out his WarioWare costume, his profile suggests that Wario will create "a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see."

Link: Wario's SSBB profile

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:39:03 AM »
Funny, I was looking at this just as this news entry was made. I like the comment about how he uses an unseen form of martial arts.

Judging by the last picture, it looks like he'll be funny for more than just flatulence.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:48:27 AM »
Kirby needs to be taught a lesson for his Final Smash.

And our man Wario is here to teach it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:25:48 AM »
For once, something else eats Kirby!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 08:05:49 AM »
The development team must be reading your fanfics, PL. :P

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 08:28:46 AM »
Haha, yeah...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:42:20 AM »
I still would prefer a WarioWorld version.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
I saw this update on my LiveJournal friends page. Heheheh. Run, Kirby, run!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
I still would prefer a WarioWorld version.
I think it's safe to say the majority of his attacks will be from that game (assuming that all his B moves aren't just something coming out of one orifice or another). Granted, the purple 'n' yellow look is getting questionable, but this WarioWare wear just doesn't feel... right.

Maybe they just want to distance themselves from Wario: Master of Disguise...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 09:02:41 PM »
I personally thought Wario's overalls were getting old and bland. These new clothes of his shows real character, and look awesome. :)

Heh, Wario is one reason I really want this game badly when it comes out.
(I liked W:MoD... :( )
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 12:55:18 AM »
One last time: imagine how uncomfortable Wario must have been in those tight overalls (if you can't, go wear overalls and try running around). What kind of guy walks around in overalls, anyway? A plumber. Is Wario a plumber? Hecks, no! Maybe it's just all the rage in the Mushroom Kingdom, and he's moved away and all. Also, I think, they made him look old... He might be old, but no one ever wants to look old... Lastly, Wario could be trying to get away from his identity of being a twisted, villainous version of Mario (darn you spin-offs) and get his own identity as a weird guy who occasionally steals handheld gaming systems and loves money and chocolate.
But I hope he has his old costume in Brawl... because of the whiny people complaining about the WarioWare get-up. When the first trailer was revealed and I hadn't played WarioWare yet, I was disappointed about it too, but I was being stupid. I love the bomb and "Hurry up!" on the back of the jacket... perfect.
And I didn't get very far in W:MoD... pretty boring, picky controls, mini games required to open chests that were either too easy or impossible... Wario would be enraptured to hear that the game has a fan. Go tell him.

Edit: Just one more bad joke about the "eating Kirby" image: Wario's chomping at the bit to be in Brawl! I can't wait, either!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:56:49 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 06:33:44 PM »

I absolutely love that image! I think it's hilarious!!

Which brings to mind an interesting question: Do you think that Yoshi, Bowser, or Wario could tell us what Kirby tastes like? My bet is on marshmallows.. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
I'd like to see Wario's classic overalls as an alternate costume for screenshots of him hanging out with or battling other Mario characters.  "Know your roots."
I have nothing against his biker getup.  I'm just one of those old timey gamers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 08:17:40 PM »
Personally I think Wario should wear his 'Ware ware more often.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 09:59:36 PM »
I know one thing for sure. The Ware outfit sure is colorful.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print