Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Hammer Bro. assist trophy  (Read 11543 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 02, 2007, 02:44:24 AM »
The hammer-tossing turtle who first appeared in Super Mario Bros. will once again appear in a game with Mario. This time, Hammer Bro. helps dish out pain on your opponents as one of the characters who can randomly appear from an "assist trophy."

New to the Smash Bros. series, assist trophies seem to function much like Pokéballs, except assist trophies contain other video game characters.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:47:26 AM by Deezer »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:45:12 AM »
Awesome item idea, but it adds another thing to the list of things the CPU player will slowly cross the mile-wide stage to get... Imagine what else there'll be... Mallow or Geno? Franziska von Karma? Heavily Armed Pokey?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:01:59 AM »
I can't believe nobody thought of this before. Now people's ridiculous demands for characters can be met without actually having to give them a spot amongst the playable roster.

I just hope they make all the right choices. I mean, I wanted Goro to be playable. :(

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »
This is the perfect opportunity for Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents to show up.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:32 AM »
^ That game was so overrated (but let's not start a debate)

Well, like pretty much everyone else said, this just seems like a rip-off of Pokeballs where they can cram all the characters they're too lazy to make into actual players (though this does increase the chances of seeing all the unlikely contenders we want). Cool? Yeah, I guess, but I hope they don't make too many of these--unless they're connected to actual trophies, and by using them, you unlock their trophy (assuming they even put trophies in the game... I think it'll be cards this time... that's the thing nowadays... but then they wouldn't be 3-D, which is cool...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
B&

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:15:40 AM »
Yeah. I thought they were quite a bit like Pokéballs too. It seems cool enough I guess.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
I don't care if they're the misc equivalent of Pokeballs.  That Hammer Bro is full of win!  All we need now is a swarm of Pikmin (though I'd still like to see Capt. Olimar added to the playable roster)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 12:09:13 PM »
They may end up taking all the misc. character trophies from the previous game and make them into assistants in Brawl.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 06:58:08 PM »
This is awesome! I just got off the official Smash Bros. site and then I came here only to see that you all had updated as well! I think that this is as splendid idea, although they're basically pokeball's with other NPC's inside of them. Most of them are invincible, too, as quoted on the official Smash Bros. site.

"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »
Oh, yeah, Pikmin! Never thought about that one... could happen, especially since It'd REALLY be a stretch to put in Olimar (since he doesn't really fight--except for that little whack and a Pikmin throw--and he's an inch tall... but if you think about it, Pikachu should be only about a foot tall, though they didn't make him that much taller).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 03:28:33 AM »
And Kirby, his little profile in SSB said that he was only eight inches tall, so what about the others? Are they small too?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:20 AM »
If they were able to make Kirby bigger than he really is, I'm sure they could do the same with Olimar.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
Oh, yeah, Pikmin! Never thought about that one... could happen, especially since It'd REALLY be a stretch to put in Olimar (since he doesn't really fight--except for that little whack and a Pikmin throw--and he's an inch tall... but if you think about it, Pikachu should be only about a foot tall, though they didn't make him that much taller).

Kirby is not even a foot tall (Eight inches according to his bio from SSB).

I can see Capt Olimar/Louie coming from the assist to throw Pikmin at the other fighters. My guess would be random Pikmin would be thrown, each dealing damage based on what color they are. Purple would do the most, White would deal some damage and poison you, Blue would knock you back just a little bit, Yellow would knock you into the air, and Red would have the most knockback of them all and deal out decent damage (not as much as Purple, of course).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
Kirby at 8 inches seems a little hard to believe. He's got to be taller than that.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print