Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Donkey Kong unveiled  (Read 4988 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:50:25 PM »

The veteran brawler and king of swing Donkey Kong will be making a return in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. All his movesets, including his giant punch, are intact, and promise to leave the ultimate headache.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:04:46 AM by MEGAߥTE »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:02:03 AM »
Meh. Looks like a downgrade (simply updating his Melee appearance would have been better, I think). But what do I care, Donkey Kong isn't one of my characters anyway. The 15-second video is nice.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:04:10 AM »
Oooh.  :)
He doesn't look too different.  Just a little more detailed, is all.  
Glad to see his hair tuft in good shape.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »
Hm, was expecting his 'Jungle Beat' appearance. With the gigantic forearms and dark brown fur. A bit of a dissapointment.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:50:22 PM »
A downgrade? It looks much better than the Melee model, much like every other Brawl model thus far.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »
Not in realism. In style. But as I said, it doesn't matter much to me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:05:33 PM »
I missed this update. When I looked at the site, I saw the video and assume that it was today's update.

Bird Person, I think for Brawl they were trying to make characters look more like they do in their respective games (see Bowser) while still making them look good (again, Bowser).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print