Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario released on US Virtual Console  (Read 10092 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:52:57 AM »
Finally, after a week of speculation, Nintendo has made Paper Mario available for download on Wii's Virtual Console for North America. Previously, the game was released on July 12th in Europe, and on July 10th in Japan. You can experience the RPG classic for 1000 Wii Points, or $10.00.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:29:53 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »
I already downloaded yesterday! :)

It's interesting that it came out in Europe second and third in North America. Usually, it's the other way around.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 08:38:14 AM »
Im already 4 chapters deep! And i have never played the game even though i had an n64 all these years i never bought it, so hears to you mario! This is the only game ,besides the educational ones, that is a mario game that i havent completed.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
Europe's been getting a lot of VC games on the Friday before the Monday that US gets them.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »
Woo-hoo! I can download another game that I already have a perfectly working copy of!

Let's have a Paper Mario party!.. oh wait, they've already had one of those.
* Toad plays Mario Party 5.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:56:23 AM »
What@!? 1000 Wii Points costs me $10.00, not $9.99. I'm being robbed!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
What@!? 1000 Wii Points costs me $10.00, not $9.99. I'm being robbed!

is it 10 exactly? when I go to GStop, I think they got'em for 9.99, plus tax o' course. meh, edited anyway.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 10:09:34 AM »
So in reality, people like LD and me who buy points online are getting the better deal. No tax and only one cent more in pre-tax price.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 11:28:24 AM »
I buy them online and still get charged sales tax on them.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 11:54:09 AM »
I don't have tax online or offline. :D

Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
No, it's taxed per your state. For example, I just bought some on Monday and it came to 21.87. He's right in stating that Nintendo advertises it on their site as even dollar amounts though.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
Yes, I understand sales taxes are different per state.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 10:58:30 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, LD.
Edit: Are you telling me I get charged invisible fees for buying Wii Points on my Wii, Super-Jesse? I don't think so.
That was a joke.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 08:03:01 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, LD.
Edit: Are you telling me I get charged invisible fees for buying Wii Points on my Wii, Super-Jesse? I don't think so.

Not "invisible" fees. The channel clearly states that some states charge taxes on the activity, so your total on the Wii Points comes to the amount of points you purchases plus state tax where applicable. Straight from Nintendo's website:

For tax purposes, the Wii Shop service has certain requirements for the spelling of city, state abbreviation, and county names, as well as zip code confirmation.

To ensure you are entering the information in a way that is accepted by the Wii Shop service, you can click here to determine exactly how your city, state, zip, and county information must be entered based on the state's tax requirement.

Your state may not have a tax, mine does, meaning my total came to 21.63. Nintendo has it on the channel as even amounts because each state is different, and that's why I said they do advertise it on the channel as being in even dollar amounts.

I've attached a picture of my online banking line showing that. I clearly stated it's taxed per state on my previous, so if anything, your comment was uncalled for.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:14:50 AM by Super-Jesse »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 11:28:21 AM »
Aha, now I understand what you were saying.
That was a joke.

Print