Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 8 PAL: No Borders for You!  (Read 5157 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:14:04 AM »

(Click to enlarge)

No true widescreen on Mario Party 8 was pretty annoying. I'm sure not many people have a 16:9 capable TV, but for those that do, the borders on MP8 had to bother them some bit (it did bother me for a few plays, but I got used to it after awhile). However, I'm not sure our friends across the sea did any better. Check out the PAL version above, and judge for yourself which one you like more. Neither is an acceptable answer.

Update: Courtesy of the one, the only, Megabyte: 'This entry didn't make it clear, but PAL gamers don't have the border OR any wide-screen option at all.  In other words, it would stretch it like VC games, but the particular TV in the photo knows how to adapt the image so that it doesn't stretch.'

The dunce cap has been rightly placed on top of my head, and I shall research more about these "PAL" tvs. I may take a trip there, plug in my Wii, and see what happens. I'm sure my US Wii will have no problems! ;-)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:20:56 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:18:36 AM »
What did our version have? Graphical borders?

Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 01:36:07 AM »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:46 AM »
Well, it's better than just stretching it out like on VC games.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:49:56 AM »
This entry didn't make it clear, but PAL gamers don't have the border OR any wide-screen option at all.  In other words, it would stretch it like VC games, but the particular TV in the photo knows how to adapt the image so that it doesn't stretch.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:55 AM »
Updated to reflect my Ignorance to PAL gamers. Thanks for clearing it up MB!

You know what they say: Ignorance is Bliss!

Print