Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Yoshi returns  (Read 13228 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 24, 2007, 02:01:07 AM »

It should come as no surprise that Yoshi's back -- he fought in the previous two Smash Bros. games, and the Yoshi's Island stage was announced last month. Yoshi will once again use eggs as weapons, but this time, his "Egg Toss" special move will help him jump farther.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:03:55 AM by Deezer »

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:20:32 AM »
Yesterday's update about the new DK level should have also been posted, but I completely missed that one. Just check out the below link to see DK's Rumble Falls!

Link: Stage 07: Rumble Falls
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:23:52 AM »
Aw, Yoshi looks adorable. I'm glad he's back for another round.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
heh, Yoshi looks tons better than he did in the previous games. Good to see a Yoshi that's not ugly. (Personally, I think Yoshi looked too "realistic" in SSBM, it bothered me.)
I'm a horrible person.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:05:14 AM »
Nice! Now I can once again beat many foes with his huge nose!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »
I like yoshi, but i am still waiting to see my favorite character announced...LUIGI! And what he will look like...

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:02:42 AM »
I like yoshi, but i am still waiting to see my favorite character announced...LUIGI! And what he will look like...

I completely agree with that. I'd also like to say that I wonder if there will be more colors for Yoshi in Brawl than there was in Melee. I need my purple Yoshi!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 11:18:51 AM »
I completely agree with that. I'd also like to say that I wonder if there will be more colors for Yoshi in Brawl than there was in Melee. I need my purple Yoshi!

If they do, I hope it's not team specific. I've always wanted to have Mario and Luigi on the same team without Luigi looking flamboyant or Mario looking like poop. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
1. They went with the upright shape this time. They've been sticking to very current-game-like shapes and super textures, haven't they (see Bowser, Donkey Kong)?
Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I never mentioned it because it's a technique I didn't want anyone to know (only people who want to lose tell others what their fighting style is), but in Melee, Yoshi has a third jump. The air dodge. "Yoshi for Dummies" does not amuse.
3. What's that stage in the image with Pikachu?
4. "Returns" makes it sound like he wasn't in Melee. Would you say Mario returns? I guess it's better than "comeback." When people said, "omg bowzzzzzzzzzer maeks a comebak," that was annoying.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
Do you think you can ride him... possibly in team battles?

Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 12:00:14 PM »

I would say no, but I guess there's always the chance...

3. What's that stage in the image with Pikachu?

I believe that's the stage from Fire Emblem (someone said that was the game because of a flag in the background that matched something from the games) that they first showed when the first game trailer came out. Funny, that stage hasn't been profiled yet....

By the way, I just realized no Metal Gear stage has been announced. Any requests? Cause I'll totally forward them over. :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »
I would say never, and there's never the chance...
Unless it's a new mode in which one character rides another. If that happens, though, it'll always be Yoshi riding Mario for me.

I believe that's the stage from Fire Emblem (someone said that was the game because of a flag in the background that matched something from the games) that they first showed when the first game trailer came out. Funny, that stage hasn't been profiled yet....
Funnier still that the Kid Icarus stage we've seen so much still hasn't been profiled.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 12:27:46 PM »
I almost burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of "character rides another mode" until I remembered that it could actually have cultural basis.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 02:18:52 PM »

So how many of you thought of nasty images when you saw this? LOL
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
Haha, I took that image right to Appleworks and slapped a caption on it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print