Print

Author Topic: G to the H retiring?  (Read 4361 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:39:18 AM »

According to website GameDaily Biz, Senior VP and long-time Nintendo'er George Harrison is set to retire from Nintendo sometime in the near future. The exact date of his departure is not known, but speculation has it set for sometime during the holiday period.

Was this due to the recent split in divisions, personal reasons, or a greater conflict we just weren't told about? Well, unless Harrison had this planned (which I think he would have hinted at earlier than this), I want to say that it would have to be something big for someone who has been there as long as Mr. Harrison was....What do you think?

Link: biz.gamedaily.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:35:44 AM »
At this rate, I fear for NoA (Nintendo Power's already a pile of dukar as it is).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:25:35 AM »
Uhh the rumors about Harrison, Kaplan, and Llewelyn leaving due to Nintendo's PR office relocation first spread months ago.  Ads for replacements for Kaplan and Llewelyn's positions are already up.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »
Uhh the rumors about Harrison, Kaplan, and Llewelyn leaving due to Nintendo's PR office relocation first spread months ago.  Ads for replacements for Kaplan and Llewelyn's positions are already up.

Uhh I know, I posted about that here when it originated. However, I would think leaving a company takes less time to conclude to than to outright retire.

That was my point, was this something coming anyway, or what it indeed because of the movement going on? Hmm......
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:04:10 AM »
Well I think "early retirement" indicates that it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't decided to move.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
Looking at his history with other companies and reading his own statements about what he wanted to do with Nintendo make me think that it never was his intent to stay with Nintendo indefinitely. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print