Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Peach seen in new footage  (Read 10861 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 03, 2007, 04:07:26 AM »

Though Princess Peach does not have a profile yet, the latest update on Smash Bros. DOJO!! included video and a screenshot of her in action for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, using her parasol to gently glide down to the position you see above. The information about the update itself, entitled "The Subspace Emissary", can be found on our TMKblog!

Link: TMKblog
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:32:33 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:11:45 AM »
haha, yes. I don't know why, but I always enjoy coming into a game with my friends and playing as a character nobody expects me to choose. I enjoy this because because somehow it's very easy for me to beat them this way, and we have a few laughs.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 10:11:25 AM »
Just four more months! :D

On a related note: I kinda hoped they would change Peach's appearance just a bit more. I am slightly disappointed (or was, before I saw the video. Good stuff!)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
I'm happy!

I'm kinda disappointed that they changed her face...but it's all good. It goes with her new dress design :3
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 08:13:30 PM »
^ Yeah, they'd probably have been better off just enhancing the Melee one. This one makes her look a little babyish.

...I wonder how long it's gonna be before someone at Nintendo/HAL cracks and starts hypersexualizing her like every other fighter game chick (not that there's anything wrong with that...)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
YES! BABYISH!

That was the word I was looking for. Thank you.

Hypersexualizing Peach? I wonder...
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 10:14:15 PM »
It's called Mario Strikers.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 06:06:08 AM »
Even that isn't hypersexualized. Some Mario fans are way too paranoid. When some nutcase decides to use the DOA physics engine on Peach is when you should start worrying.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
It is sexualized, just not hypersexualized.  Some Mario fans can't take a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 09:48:32 AM »
It's called Mario Strikers.
Tell me about it... those games are TOO extreme...

Hypersexualizing Peach? I wonder...
Try "Princess Peach" on deviantART...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 01:19:23 PM »
I was saying that I wondered how Nintendo would do it. I don't think Mario Strikers is actually hypersexualizing Peach. It's not so hyper, although the outfit is a bit on the sexy side.

I try not to search for Princess Peach on deviantArt...

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »
I'm happy!

I'm kinda disappointed that they changed her face...but it's all good. It goes with her new dress design :3

Agreed! I kinda like her new dress. It's so classy and cool at the same time.
I don't know if it's me, but i completely love both Mario and Peach to death. I guess i'm obsessed about both of them, huh?

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 01:58:57 AM »
Hi, I'm new to the forums! I wanted to post my own thoughts on this, as I'm beside myself with excitement over seeing my all-time favorite character!

I don't see any babyish look to Peach's face. I think they're just making her look a bit more "realistic" while still keeping true to her roots.

I love the dress design too, by the way. She's certainly come a long way from the two-toned pink frock from the classic Nintendo years.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:45:41 AM by Deezer »

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 07:50:27 AM »
Uh... Hello...

Well, now it should be a bit easier to tell her apart from zelda during all the action on screen.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 09:58:01 AM »
Try "Princess Peach" on deviantART...

Oh yeah! Thanks for telling me!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print