Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Galaxy details emerge  (Read 9743 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »
Thanks to a few pages in Famitsu, new details have been revealed about Super Mario Galaxy. The game is composed of 6 worlds, with the confirmed level types being water, sand, ice, and even a planet in the form of a donut. Once again, there are 120 stars scattered amongst the game for players to collect. Gravity is also a major factor of the game, and your view of what's on that planet will vary depending on its size and shape. Fortunately, as we've seen, the controls don't look too difficult. Famitsu explained that you'll be able to point to an enemy with the Wii remote to attack it, or use the butt-stomp attack by pressing "Z" in the middle of a jump. Additionally, The 'bee' suit allows Mario to prick enemies with his stinger, while the 'boo' suit will allow Mario to be undetected by other Boos.

Finally, the magazine details the 2-player mode. The 2-player will primarily help the person controlling Mario by gathering 'Star Parts'. These 'Star Parts' act much like coins, and when Mario gets 100 of them, he gains an extra life. The 'Star Parts' also provide players with a special attack if they are ever in need of one. Click on the magazine scans below to see their full size!

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
WOW! That's really impressive, Super-Jesse. However, the texts in those pics are 100% in japanese, so i couldn't comprehend a single thing about it.

However, from what you've said (or translated, for a bit), the details about it makes me want to go get that game right now. But sadly, they're not finished in making it, so i have to wait a few more months. Oh well!
I don't know if it's me, but i completely love both Mario and Peach to death. I guess i'm obsessed about both of them, huh?

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 03:43:13 AM »
Heck yeah! You are the man Super Jesse.
I can not even wait for this game...
The variation of level types looks magnificent.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:02:12 PM by Chupperson Weird »
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »
I can't wait for this game to come out! Seriously, if I were a Toad with a mushroom head, that mushroom head would explode because it wouldn't be able to contain the excitement I have with this game!

I've also noticed a couple enemies from older Mario games are making an appearance here. In the second scan, you can see Mario jumping on a Dry bones and running away from a Magikoopa. We've also seen wigglers, torpedo teds, thwomps and bullet bills in other screens. That's pretty cool that they're hearkening back to the original Mario days.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »
^ Indeed.

6 Worlds? So, does that mean the "40 galaxies" thing I heard before is out, or does "World" mean something I don't know?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 09:56:28 PM »
Super-Jesse has predicted (in #tmk) that SMG will be released in Japan on November 2 and in Europe on November 15. Let's hold him to it!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
What do we do to him if he's wrong?
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 12:34:52 PM »
^ Indeed.

6 Worlds? So, does that mean the "40 galaxies" thing I heard before is out, or does "World" mean something I don't know?

Maybe worlds are like 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, etc. and galaxies are like 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »
That Boo has a Mario hat on and a mustache!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »
That is Mario using a new power-up.

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »
Oh! Silly me! Thanks!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:14 AM »
Maybe worlds are like 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, etc. and galaxies are like 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc.
Somehow I can't tell whether "World" or "Galaxy" sounds bigger.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 07:41:05 AM »
Super-Jesse has predicted (in #tmk) that SMG will be released in Japan on November 2 and in Europe on November 15. Let's hold him to it!
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure they said Mario Galaxy is November 12th at E3.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 06:14:08 PM »
Allright! The Goombas have pumpkin heads! I haven't seen that since.. New SMB.. >_>

I was going to say it looks like the 3D form of the Pumpkin Zone from Super Mario Land 2, but then thought it looked more like New SMB.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 07:30:08 PM »
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure they said Mario Galaxy is November 12th at E3.
Uhhh, that's for North America.

Print