Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Peach announced as playable character  (Read 17032 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:26:12 AM »

Princess Peach has been officially announced as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Her confirmed moves include floating jumps and using Toad as a shield, much like she did in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:52:50 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Awesome. This is an awesome update.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:38:15 AM »
I hope this doesn't mean Toad has no chance of being playable... her keeping a Toad in front of her and Toad being playable makes more sense than Mario and Dr. Mario being in the same game, at least.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:17:27 AM »
Yep - remember that there are lots of Toads, just like Yoshis.

Good to see the butt bump is back, too. Here's hoping for more slapping and frying panning!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:17:07 AM »
I think this was pretty much one of the worst update weeks ever.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:46:48 AM »
Hey, I just thought of something:

If Princess Peach can fight in Melee and Brawl, then how come she can't fight off Bowser when he invades her castle?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »

I can think of quite a few that were worse than this one. Peach returning is actually a good thing in my opinion (I used to dislike her, but she's grown on me quite a bit).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
Quote from: ShadowBrain

Well, at least, when Peach was announced, it certainly made my day. I was waiting like two weeks (ever since i saw her in that Subspace Emissary video) for her profile to show up. And now that it's here, i can rejoice myself.

Quote from: Robert

If Princess Peach can fight in Melee and Brawl, then how come she can't fight off Bowser when he invades her castle?

Good question! Maybe because his forces are way too strong in the Mario games or maybe she never expects him to show up, despite the fact that she can stand up to herself sometimes. I don't know!
I don't know if it's me, but i completely love both Mario and Peach to death. I guess i'm obsessed about both of them, huh?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »
Peach is only good at fighting/otherwise useful in epic games, like Super Smash Bros. or Super Mario RPG. For the traditional games, EAD likes to ignore epic games. Which is why all the most awesome characters (Mallow and Geno, Fawful, most partners in TTYD) get sentenced to obscurity. Maybe it's best that way... wouldn't want their coolness to be killed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 02:09:11 PM »

Peach is only good at fighting/otherwise useful in epic games, like Super Smash Bros. or Super Mario RPG. For the traditional games, EAD likes to ignore epic games. Which is why all the most awesome characters (Mallow and Geno, Fawful, most partners in TTYD) get sentenced to obscurity. Maybe it's best that way... wouldn't want their coolness to be killed.
She fights bowser in Princess Peach, and even MARIO gets captured, It's probably just a point of vulnerablitiy.

Or for a more real-life view. Smash is made by HAL, and now Sora, and the Canon are made by Nintendo.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »
Huh, perhaps this discussion is more suited for the Mariology topic, huh? (I'll answer some of your theories there).

As for Princess Peach herself, she's looking pretty spiffy. Although, it looks like Toad is in for another round of punishment (namely, being used as a shield).
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »
Mariology is a treadmill. You get on and at first it's great and amusing, you feel like you're getting somewhere. But then the equivalent of tired muscles comes along--people who tell you your theory is wrong. Then you keep running as hard as you can scraping for ways to prove your theory "correct." Each is countered by a contradiction just as canonical as your theory. Neither side gives up, and eventually you realize you're not getting anywhere. I come up with my own theories of how things in Mario work sometimes, I won't deny that... but I keep them to myself because I don't like treadmills.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »
I hope this doesn't mean Toad has no chance of being playable... her keeping a Toad in front of her and Toad being playable makes more sense than Mario and Dr. Mario being in the same game, at least.
I thought the same thing.  I hope he at least gets to be an assist trophy...
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 08:50:55 PM »
Awww, I've always felt sorry for Toad! I wonder what his attack would be if they did make him an assist trophy.

This is extremely petty, but I don't like what they've done with her face. It's Mario-party style. They should have kept the SSBM face. This one is okay...I guess.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 09:21:59 PM »
No, she still looks way better than she does in Mario Party.

P.S. SMRPG and SPP I would consider part of the mainstream of games and Peach kicks in those.
That was a joke.

Print