Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Galaxy information via Nintendo Power  (Read 9192 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:25:23 PM »

The newest issue of Nintendo Power (October 2007) spills a few more details on Super Mario Galaxy. Below is a list of the things the editors mention:

- Basic storyline: A comet passes over the Mushroom Kingdom every 100 years, raining down magical stars and stardust. The kingdom is celebrating, when all of a sudden Bowser attacks! Mario arrives to put an end to this madness, but the situation worsens. Before he can realize what has happened, Mario wakes up on a moon above the Mushroom Kingdom...

- 120 stars, 40 different galaxies, and six major areas.

- Names of Galaxies mentioned: Gateway Galaxy, Star Dust Galaxy, Egg Planet Galaxy, and Cookie Factory Galaxy (for spoiler reasons, I won't disclose each Galaxies' detail).

- Confirmed Power-ups: Super Mushroom (fills health bar completely), Starman, Fire Flower, Bee suit, and Boo suit.

That's all they seem to mention. I'll make sure to pick the magazine and update you guys with anything else. This seems like the one issue all Mario fans need to get! (Though I'm sure it's just the beginning....)

Link: Wii.tv

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »
They still haven't explained how Mario breathes.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »
Oh come on, I just got the September issue!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »
WOW!!! Super Mushroom, Starman, and Fire Flower just like the 2D Mario games! I always like the 3D ones better, but since this has a little bit of both, it will definitely be one of the best Mario games ever!!!!!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:12:01 PM »
Now that Super Mushroom makes sense to me!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 05:21:18 PM »
Dude, they read my mind.... AGAIN. :O

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
An earlier Japanese scan also showed classic ? blocks in the game.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 05:38:10 PM »
I'd like to know why some recent screenshots only show Mario's health meter at three while older ones have it at 8.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »
Maybe that's part of what Miyamoto was referring to when he said he made the game harder.  I certainly welcome the change.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »
Maybe that's part of what Miyamoto was referring to when he said he made the game harder.  I certainly welcome the change.

I conquer. That might solve some complaints that Mario games are too "Easy".

Nintendo is really going the extra mile with this one. I love how Nintendo is using Mario enemies, items and power-ups from the days of yore, and plenty of new ones.

The only disappointment here is that Bowser is the main villain. I was hoping for someone different. Let's hope for a plot twist where Bowser is revealed not to be the main bad guy. Maybe Luigi will be the main antagonist, and is getting revenge against his brother for hogging all the spotlight.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 09:49:17 PM »
I sure hope that when you can get the Fire Flower, you can actually shoot fire forward, not any other stupid gimmick, I hate it when Nintendo did that to  in SM64DS.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 12:12:10 AM »
Maybe you'll shoot it in the direction the pointer is pointing.

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »
I'd like to know why some recent screenshots only show Mario's health meter at three while older ones have it at 8.

Because your health starts at 3 and you collect Super Mushrooms and it goes up, I heard the total was 6 though, so, I can't explain that.

Also, thanks again super Jesse. Excellent post.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
Incredible! Nintendo Power has worthwhile news no one's heard before!

Frankly, I'm content with 3 or 4 health, especially since it seems like there won't be a whole lot of ways to die (as opposed to previous Mario titles).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 02:01:09 PM »
It's a nice issue. I've had it for a bit more than a week, and even now I can read the article anticipating the game.

Print